#10

hey guys! thank you for so many views in these first few days! please click the star and vote on my story if you like it. SHOUT OUT TO SARAMD126 FOR VOTING ON THREE CHAPTERS!!! Here's Chapter 10, squad!

Sophie walked into Biana's room and sat down on the bed, watching her best friend rummaging through her closet, which was bigger than Sophie's own bedroom. She looked around and saw pictures of everyone Biana was close with. There were a ton of her, Sophie, Dex, and Fitz, as well as Alden and Della and some of the Vacker's extended family. However, one caught her eye, since she didn't recognize the person from far away.

She got up and walked to the wall, and pulled a few pictures aside to see a picture of Biana, Fitz, and a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Sophie realized who it was immediately, and walked over to the closet with the picture in hand.

"Hey, Bi?" Sophie asked, staring at the picture. They all looked so young, it had to be at least five years ago.

"Yeah?" Biana shouted, her voice lost in the neverending closet.

Sophie stepped a little further into the closet and kept her eyes on the picture.

"Just out of curiosity, why do you have this picture?" she asked as Biana emerged from the labyrinth of clothes. Biana took the picture from Sophie to get a better look, and then smiled with recognition.

"Oh, you mean why do I have a picture with Keefe?" she asked, raising her eyebrows suggestively to Sophie.

Sophie bit her lip and looked down at her shoes to hide her blush. "Uh, I just didn't think you knew him, that's all," she mumbled.

"Mhm," Biana said, giving the picture back to Sophie. "I met him once or twice in high school because our parents worked together for government stuff or something, but I hardly knew him. I just have this picture because I look really good in it. If you really want to know more, he and Fitz were really close since they were, like, babies, so you could ask him."

Sophie nodded as she took the pajamas Biana had grabbed for her and changed. She thought about asking Fitz more about Keefe, but that would just be creepy, wouldn't it? Plus, she didn't want to be alone with Fitz after what happened during basequest. She would be fine once she told him that she just wanted to be friends, and that she had feelings for someone else, but until then she was going to keep her distance.

Sophie walked out of the bathroom and saw Biana waiting for her. She smiled, and they walked out of Biana's room and down the hall to Fitz's room together, just like they used to when they would have group sleepovers in high school. Those were some of the best memories she had, along with a few from when she was with her biological family, a few with Grady and Edaline, and some with Keefe.

They walked into Fitz's room to find Keefe, Fitz, and Dex in a gigantic pillow fight. The room was a mess, and there were pillows and blankets thrown everywhere. Luckily, it looked like nothing was broken... yet. The second Sophie and Biana walked in, all three of the boys stopped mid-fight. Keefe and Fitz looked at Sophie, and Dex looked at Biana. Everyone stood still and quiet for a few seconds, just staring at each other, not knowing how to respond. Then, suddenly, Keefe jumped toward Sophie and smacked her with his pillow.

"Got you, Foster!" he yelled, and the pillow fight was back on. Sophie grabbed one of the pillows from the floor and smacked Keefe in the side. He whipped around and smirked as he swung to hit her. However, just before he could hit her, Sophie jumped sideways, and the weight of his swing caused Keefe to lose his balance and fall face first on the floor. Sophie laughed and started hitting him as he tried to stand back up.

All of the friends continued the fight for about twenty more minutes, until they were so exhausted that they all collapsed on the floor and laughed. Finally, when they all calmed down, they set up their sleeping bags in a circle on Fitz's floor. Immediately, Keefe plopped his sleeping bag on one side of Sophie, and Fitz set his on the other side of her. Oh boy, she thought. This is going to be a long night.

Everyone talked for a while, before deciding they were way too tired to do anything. They all laid down to go to bed, and Sophie could tell by the many snores that they were probably all asleep. Except her. There was just something bothering her about what Fitz had said. If he had said something like that in high school, her heart would have been doing backflips and she would have agreed immediately, but... now she just wasn't sure.

She laid for a few more minutes before deciding to clear her mind by going on a walk through the beautiful and vast property that the Vackers owned. She walked out of the room quietly and tiptoed down the stairs, relieved that none of the parents were still downstairs to question her. She opened the front door and walked out, the crisp night air flowing through her body. She felt a slight chill and saw goosebumps erupting across her body, but decided to ignore it, since she would go back in soon. Sophie walked across the yards and to the glittering pond that sparkled with stars. She sat down and started thinking about how she would tell Fitz, without breaking his heart or ruining their friendship.

Suddenly, Sophie heard a branch snap behind her and she jumped up, ready to defend herself. She launched herself at the figure who was right behind her and tackled them to the ground. She pinned them down, and then looked down and saw who it was.

"Woah, Foster, where'd you learn those moves?"

Hey guys, so RandyRamdomPerson gets a shoutout at the end of this chapter because they commented and voted on a lot of my chapters, SO THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday, so I'll try to do two today!

Stay healthy and keep reading ;)

See ya, squad!