#16

Hey squad!!! I appreciate all the views from last chapter! Here's 16.

Keefe sat down quickly and Sophie's eyes widened.

"Dad..."

Grady stomped over to the table and gave both of them, but mostly Keefe, a malicious glare. "We need to have the boy talk, Sophie."

Sophie looked over and saw Keefe doing everything in his willpower so he wouldn't laugh. He let out a small snicker, and Grady turned his head and scowled at him.

"Sophie, leave the room now. I'm going to talk to Mr. Sencen here first," Grady snapped, and Keefe paled considerably.

Keefe looked at Sophie with wide eyes, pleading her not to leave him alone with an angry Grady, but Sophie knew that Grady was going to give this talk no matter what.

"Just please be nice, Dad," she said as she walked out of the room.

The talk was much shorter than Sophie expected. She had been scrolling through Instagram on her phone for about two minutes when Grady opened the door and walked into the living room, where Sophie was sitting.

"Sophie, listen. I know I've given you this talk every time you have ever had a 'thing' with a boy," Oh gosh. It was really awkward already. "but I just want to protect you. And you are such an amazing young woman and you deserve someone who sees how amazing you are. I really don't like Keefe, but that's because he actually cares about you, and I'm scared he's going to win you over. It's just... you're an adult now and you've grown up so fast, but you'll always be my little girl, and it's scary for me to think that... you're going to move on and have a family of your own, and we won't be there all the time for you."

Even though it was one of the most awkward speeches Sophie had ever had to sit through, she stood up and hugged Grady. "Dad, I love you. And I promise that I will always be your little girl, even when I have my own family. And I will make sure to find a man who respects me and takes care of me."

Grady smiled, but Sophie still was curious about one thing.

"What did you say to Keefe, and why were you not angry anymore when you came to talk to me?" she asked, wondering what her father had done to Keefe.

Grady sighed and sat down. "I started yelling about how he was not going to make my daughter into one of his flings and then dump you on the side when he finds someone else next week, cause he was notorious for that sorta thing in high school. And I was about to go on and say some more stuff when he stopped me and said he had grown up and that you were like no other girl he had ever met, and how lucky he felt to have you in his life. He was talking about how you were so supportive and understanding, and a lot of other stuff. And then I realized that he might be telling the truth, and that he is a good kid now... don't ever tell him I said that. And I calmed down and then came to talk to you."

Sophie was almost tearing up when she realized how much she meant to Keefe. And how much he meant to her. She thanked Grady, and he walked through the front door and back into the pastures to do gosh knows what. Sophie took a minute to breathe before walking through the door to go into the kitchen. Keefe started to say something, but Sophie wasn't listening. She just walked over to Keefe and ...

I'm leaving you on a major cliff hanger... again! I know you probably know what is going to happen, but I may trick you, who knows! I have over 2,000 reads now, and I'm super thankful to all of yall.

Thanks and peace out squad!