Not Broken

Harrison POV

By the end of the night I had to carry Athena home, running her a bath I took off her shoes making sure she was okay. She asked me to help her undressed so I did before carrying her to the bath since she didn't feel like standing in the shower. Taking off my clothes I decide to shower.

         Like always we talked while I showered and she bathed, "What happened to your family babe?" I asked not knowing how long I can beat around the bush. She paused for a while before responding.

         "When I was younger my father, he was mean. He was always hurting me... and my mother. When I was twelve, he took apart me that I will never get back. My teacher found out and my father was arrested, and I stayed with my mother until she overdosed on heroine then I was put into the system." Still covered with soap I stepped out of the shower feeling Emmanuel coming to the surface.

         "What do you mean her took you?" I all but growled. I already knew what she meant and I have no idea why I asked. She didn't look at me though, I saw her back tense up and heard her breath shallow.

         "You know what I mean Harrison, you know you were the first guy that I let touch me in that way... since. I should have told you but I didn't want you to look at me like I was broken, even though I may be." I could smell her tears and at that moment I wanted nothing more than to shift and rip her fathers throat out. But I also wanted nothing more than to hold my mate. Getting into the tub I wrap my arms around her pulling her into my embrace.

         She didn't talk to me after that conversation, it's like she completely shut down we laid in bed, not talking at all. Looking over at her I wrapped my arm around her she leaned her head on my chest.

         "You know that I don't think that you are broken, right? If anything I don't deserve you." I felt her pain through our bond and to know that my mate was next to me hurting and I didn't know how to fix it. Pulling her close to me I just hugged her making sure she was okay. I never saw her like this, she was always so strong and smiling.

         I could smell the tears welling up in her eyes before she lost it. Her tears soaked my shirt as I held her whispering words of encouragement. Her body shook with sobs as she clung onto me. Sitting up I pulled her onto me so she was straddling me before standing up and carrying her downtown. Since I knew her green tea with honey always calm her down. Wiping away her tears I pour her tea and prepare it for her.

         Sipping her tea, she looks away from me by the time she was finished with her tea. "Baby please look at me." I whispered in her ear. Maybe I shouldn't have pushed her to tell me this.

         "I'm sorry I shouldn't have pushed this." I whispered rubbing her shoulders. Shaking her head, she kiss my cheek before telling me that she want to sleep. Nodding my head, I sit the mug in the dish cleaned before picking her up carrying her upstairs.

         "Thank you." she whispered before turning away from me going to bed.  I couldn't sleep at all. Knowing that the women lying next to me she has been though so much pain. If you were to ever meet her you would think that she had the easiest life, but she didn't.

Fun fact I though I published this like a few hours ago but I just saved it😂😂😂