III

'P'Arthit?' Kongpop called when he saw a familiar person standing under the rain. Arthit was drenched with rain and yet he wasn't moving from his position. Kongpop rushed to his side and covered them with an umbrella.

Arthit who was crying, turns to look at Kongpop who has a worried look on his face. He hugs him tightly and cries his heart out.

Kongpop rubs his back and helps him to walk inside the dorm building. Kongpop let Arthit shower in his room and gave him new clothes to wear. Kongpop didn't know what happened to Arthit but he never saw him this broken before, Arthit wasn't crying anymore but the sound of hiccups could be heard from time to time.

Kongpop helps Arthit to lay on the bed and covers him with a thick blanket, God knows for how long he was standing under the rain as his body was shivering badly due to the cold.

"Don't go please! Don't leave me Kongpop!" Arthit begs as Kongpop stands up. Kongpop stopped when he saw Arthit's eyes start to tear again.

"Don't cry, I'm here" Kongpop whispers and pats Arthit's shoulder. He started humming to make Arthit calm down.

He sat near the bedpost with Arthit's head in his lap, he gently caressed his hair to calm the boy and didn't know when he himself fell asleep.

Next morning, Kongpop woke up and found Arthit missing. He looked around in worry but couldn't find the older boy anywhere. Kongpop quickly got ready for college and rushed to find him.

Kong found Arthit with his friends, his friends laughing and joking while Arthit was sitting there without any expression on his face.

"P'Arthit.." Kongpop called him, Arthit tensed on hearing Kongpop while his friends looked at Kongpop in surprise. Kongpop greets the seniors and they nod back in acknowledgement.

"What do you want?" Arthit asked harshly.

"I.." Kongpop was taken back.

"Why can't you leave me alone?? I rejected you Kongpop! I don't like you and I already have a girlfriend! Stop bothering me" Arthit shouted, Kong was hurt by Arthit's behaviour but he was still trying to smile.

Even Arthit's friends felt Arthit was being too much. Knot put his hand on Arthit's shoulder but Arthit ignored him.

"I just wanted to know if you are feeling better" Kongpop asked sincerely

"Yes I am and I will feel better if you stop bothering me all the time" Arthit screamed and walked away in anger.

Toota and Knot gave him sorry look and went after Arthit, Kong smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes and decided to return back to his own class.

"K..Kongpop" Kongpop stopped when he heard Bright. He waited for Bright to catch up with him and spoke.

"Phee"

"I know what happened yesterday night, Arthit.. his dad got into an accident and he... Arthit is not allowed to go because his mom doesn't want him to break down after seeing his dad. He's stressed right now, I'm saying sorry from his side" Bright explains. Kongpop nodded in understanding and spoke.