1st Born [Kimi Raikkonen]

Someone did request this scenario but I can't find the comment so if this was you ... hope you like it.

~~~

                   There was a reason why you rarely saw your father. The main one being that he was an F1 driver who travelled the world racing for 8 months of the year, the other being that the two of you had a rather strained relationship. You were always aware of the fact that you were the result of a failed relationship that in itself had resulted from a night on the town when your parents were in their early twenties. It was for these reasons that you chose to live with your mum and stepdad in Finland. You saw your dad twice a year; once around Christmas time and the other on your birthday. Sure, there were awkward phone calls in between but that was the extent of it. In fact, you often found it to be better when you stayed away as deep down you sort of knew that you were the unwanted child and you didn't want to intrude in his new life.

"I'm old enough to stay on my own." This was the topic of this morning's argument. Your mum and stepdad were going on holiday to Lanzarote for a week and didn't trust you enough to stay on your own; you did see their logic as you were only 16, but that didn't mean you liked it.

"You're 16!" Your mum argued, "I've already told your dad that you'd be there on Friday." You gaped at her. You thought you'd probably stay with your grandparents who only lived thirty minutes away.

"What! Why can't I stay with Granny and Granda?"

"You deserve a holiday too, so your dad said he'll take you. Switzerland will be nice." You didn't like the way she worded it; 'He'll take you'. Like, you knew you were the unplanned child but those word made you seem like such a burden to those around you. You sighed and nodded; it'd have to do.

Arriving at the Raikkonen Villa outside Zurich was overwhelming. Usually when you saw your dad it was either at his home in Helsinki or through facetime at a track, you'd never actually been (read: invited) to his home in Switzerland. They all seemed ecstatic to see you which made your heart swell, but you knew looks could be deceiving so you smiled awkwardly, swaying side to side on the balls of your feet until Minttu got the hint and showed you your room.

"Y/N?" Minttu said as she was about to leave you to settle. You hummed for her to continue while your attention was still occupied by unpacking your suitcase. "I just wanted to have a chat with you, I've never really had the chance and I really want you to feel like this is your home, however temporary it may be." Your heart swelled once more as it made you feel relieved to know that she wanted you here. "it isn't easy seeing, I'm sure, seeing what could have been you and parents reflected in me and Kimi but just know that you are as much my daughter as Rianna is." Tears began to cloud your vision. That simple sentence had relaxed all your fears that it seemed you had felt since your father remarried.

"Sorry, didn't mean to get upset. Just got a lot on my mind." Minttu sat beside you and rubbed your shoulder, wiping away your tears.

"You know I'm here for you right? You can talk to me about anything; boys, clothes, friends. You name and I'll be there." I smiled at her and wiped my remaining tears away. "You like cupcakes? Let's go make some." Together we walked downstairs to the kitchen and gathered out ingredients. It was going well albeit we made a mess but eventually the cupcakes were in the oven and the frosting was made. Now it was just the waiting game.

"Hmm ... smells good in here." Your dad said as he entered the kitchen from the back garden where he'd been entertaining Robin and Rianna. It was awkward at first but after a while the conversation flowed, and you found yourself to be enjoying the environment. As you began to put the used ingredients away a thought floated into your mind and before you could even comprehend what was happening you had smashed an egg over the top of your dad's head. He gasped as the egg began to dribble down his face and in turn grabbed an egg to throw at you but missed as you ducked. You turned to see where it landed and had to hold in your laughter as you gazed upon Minttu who had a look of disgust on her face as she tried senselessly to wipe the egg off her blouse.

"Honey, I'm ... I'm so sorry!" Kimi said through his laughter. Minttu looked at his and shook her head. She grabbed some flour and threw it at him, sticking to him due to the egg yoke that still resided on his head.

"Well, at least we know why dad has only succeed in driving. His throwing is crap!" You laughed which only added to frustration as he got a wet rag and threw it at you.

"Throwing skills didn't fail me that time, did they?" With a wet mark now present across your stomach where the cloth had hit you, you glowered at him while he looked joyous with a smirk on his face.

"Think you might need a shower, dad." You smirked at his confused face but understanding washed over as you grabbed the basin from the sink with the dish water in it and launched it over his head. Drenched, he glowered at you, "I think you better run." You dropped the basin and raced out the door into the garden as Kimi chased you. Minttu who sighed, exasperately, looked at her children.

"Seems I'll be cleaning this mess up." She couldn't help but smile though as she watched Kimi and Y/N run around the garden. It seemed that this holiday was much needed.

 It seemed that this holiday was much needed