Nightmare [Lando Norris]

Y/N wakes up from her dream with a scream lodged in her throat, her chest heaving, and her back is drenched with sweat, her fingers tightly clenching her bed sheets as she sat upright. The writhing on the bed alone woke Lando up from his slumber, then her screams which echoed in his ears. He sat up frozen as he watched her thrash and shake amongst the bed sheets, it took a few seconds for him to get his wits about him and he gently placed his hands on her shoulders, softly shaking her awake so as to not startle her too much.

"Y/N, you need to wake up." Lando knew that Y/N experienced nightmares quite often and usually she was able to wake herself up, but even he could tell that this one was worse than the others she'd experienced. He shook her again and then suddenly, her mouth dropped open and she started struggling to breath, choking on her breath, her chest starting to heave more rapidly. Lando sat in front of her and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her into his chest in an attempt to calm her down. He listened, hoping that her breathing would improve, but it was hopeless. She still continued to shake and heave, "I'm here. Shhh.... It's alright."

Y/N's choked breath soon turned into sobs, and then she launched herself into Lando's arms, clutching onto him tightly, her arms wound around his neck as she settled in-between his legs. He ran his fingers through her hair, something he knew that she enjoyed. It hurt Lando to see his girlfriend struggle to breath like this and be so upset by her nightmare, and there wasn't much that he could do. Lando hugged her tightly, swaying side to side, and slowly but surely, she began to calm down. Her heartrate slowly returned to normal, her tears ebbed and then Y/N was just there, shaking every now and again as she returned to a state of normality.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?" Lando asked a few moments later after allowing Y/N to calm down more. Y/N nodded, but remained firmly pressed against his chest, enjoying the close proximity between them. It had become something of a ritual for Lando to tell Y/N a story after she'd have a nightmare as it allowed her to put her mind to rest and focus on something else. "So, there was once a girl called Y/N-"

"Very original," Y/N said unable to contain the smirk from appearing on her face.

"Shh," Lando pressed his finger against her lips, "Shut your eyes and your mouth, pretty please." Lando said before continuing his story, "Anyway, this girl called Y/N wanted to travel everywhere, but her parents wouldn't allow her and so they locked her away in a tower." Y/N settled further into Lando, laying back comfortably against his chest as he peppered kisses across her forehead and hair. "After weeks of being locked away, a dashingly handsome prince called Lando came to her rescue and saved her from her parents. He brought her all around her world, travelling to a new place nearly every week." Y/N felt her body grow more relaxed and her mind started to dull with sleep as Lando continued to ramble on about with his story. Now more than ever, Y/N is aware of how much she depends on Lando and she doesn't' know what she'd do without him.

She's vaguely aware of Lando adjusting her to lay in bed. He lay down beside her and pulled her into his chest, resting his chin on top of her head and running his fingers around in circles against his shirt which she slept in.

It was safe to say that that was one of the best nights sleep she'd had in a long time after having a nightmare.