Small World [Lando Norris]

The night before was a bit of a blur for Y/N, she had always considered herself someone who could handle their drink though evidently that had been proven wrong as one minute she was celebrating the beginning of a new racing season and the next she was following this guy out of the party in a hurry, hands clumsily attached together as they weaved through the streets of Melbourne drunkenly in search of his hotel.

Y/N woke up to the bright, warm sunlight hitting her face, blinking her eyes open she recalled the previous night and took in her surroundings as she lay still in the bed, fearful of waking up the man who still slept beside her. Clothes littered the ground and from her position she could see her black dress that she wore to the party pooled on the floor near the door. 'How on earth am I going to be able to get that dress? What if he wakes up?' crossed her mind and she stared at the man laying beside her. As if he could feel her stare, he began to wake up. Stretching his arms his eyes opened and he looked at Y/N with furrowed brows as if trying to remember the night, "Oh shit, that actually happened." He rubbed his eyes before climbing out of bed Y/N's eyed widened in shook and she jumped to cover them with her hands.

"What the fuck!" She shouted and the man who jumped and quickly covered himself. "Shit sorry!" He muttered stumbling across the room with squinted eyes as he tried to adjust to the bright Melbourne sun. "Can you throw me my dress? I don't feel like flashing anyone." The man quickly put some trousers on himself before grabbing Y/N's dress and throwing it in her direction before walking into the bathroom. It was the first time that Y/N was able to properly look at the man, because lord knows she didn't remember last night. He was attractive – that much was obvious – his curly hair and tan skin only added to his attractiveness. Y/N hopped out of the bed and dressed herself quickly to save herself from the embarrassment of being caught half naked by the man. 'Is it bad I don't remember his name?' She thought stepping into her shoes.

For a brief seconds Y/N thought that she might've been able to escape but that was soon a lost hope when he walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed, "I'm gonna go before this gets awkward ..." Y/N trailed off as she made her way to the door. "So ... yeah, bye." The door closed behind Y/n before the man got to say anything.

Three days on and it's media day at the Australian Grand Prix for the drivers but for the mechanics like Y/N it was just another day to ensure that their cars were up to scratch and ready for the first practice tomorrow. Y/N was making her way down the paddock to the Williams garage having just arrived when some bumped into her, knocking her coffee slightly but thankfully not spilling it everywhere. "Sorry, sorry!" a male voice said apologetically. It only took a second for Y/N to recognise the voice and looking up she was caught off-guard by the man in front of her; the same man she'd went home with just days prior. "You?" He said, "What are doing here?"

"I'm a mechanic for Williams. What are doing here?"

"I race for McLaren?" He said with furrowed brows as he indicated to the McLaren logo on his polo top.

"Lando. You're Lando?" He blinked slowly as if he was struggling to understand what was happening, "Yes, and you're Y/N."

"How do you know that?"

"You told me"

"To be honest with you Lando I don't remember that night at all." Y/N said truthfully. Lando let out a bark of laughter, attracting attention from those around him and in an effort to reduce the attention on him, she grabbed his wrist and dragged him to side of the paddock, out of view from those around them. "Shh!" She slapped a hand over his mouth trying to muffle his laughter.

"Small world, huh?"

"Fuck off, Norris" She said with a pointed look but a smile creeped its way onto her face.