Preferences [Max Verstappen]

How they met

Y/N was in her last year of university before she'd be a fully-fledged teacher and so, she had teaching practice in a local primary school. She loved it; it truly was her passion. She was always mesmerised by the look of astonishment of the children's faces when they learnt something new.

It was the end of the school day and the children were packing up their bags and lining up at the door ready to go home to their family. "Let's go." Y/N said leading the pupils out to the pick-up zone. One by one the children said goodbye to Y/N as their parent came to meet them until there was just one left; Blue Jaye. It was unusual for her to be the last one as usually her mum or dad were very prompt with collection times and this made her slightly nervous. Taking a glance at Blue Jaye, Y/N leaned down beside her, "Is it your mum collecting you today?" Blue Jaye shook her head.

"No, my brother is collecting me." Y/N let out a sigh. It all made sense now, someone new was collecting her. Obviously, Y/N knew who Blue Jaye's brother was. Everyone in the Netherlands knew the Verstappen name and Y/N was no exception. "Let's wait inside." Y/N tugged gently on her hand, it was getting slightly cooler now and still no sign of Max. Five minutes later and there was still no sign and so Y/N asked for Blue Jaye wanted to get a head start on her homework and for fifteen minutes they worked together to complete the work, until they were interrupted by a knock on the door, Y/N whipped her head round to see who it was. "There's you brother, Blue Jaye." Blue Jaye leapt to her feet and ran towards Max who in return lifted her into his arms and gave her a tight hug. Y/N made quick work to pack Blue Jaye's bag and handed it to Max at the door.

"Sorry for being late. I had a meeting that went over time." Y/N waved her hand to disregard the fact that he was late as she had actually enjoyed being able to spend more one on one time with her pupil, especially since Blue Jaye was normally very quiet in class and this allowed Y/N to talk to her more.

"Don't worry about it. We had a great time, didn't we Blue Jaye?" Y/N gave Blue Jaye a wave as they left her classroom, closing the door behind them, but she could still hear them talking through the door.

"That's my teacher. Miss Y/L/N is the best." Blue Jaye told him and Y/N nearly felt as though her heart broke as she heard how passionately Blue Jaye spoke about her.

"Will I pick you up tomorrow?"

"Yes!"

Things he loves about her

Her smile

How she loves him endlessly despite his faults

Her passion for teaching

Her love of children

How she always remembers the little things

When she sits down to help Blue Jaye with her homework

When she travels to races to support him even when she has school the next morning

Her kisses

Her hugs

How easy it is to fall asleep in her arms.

How they got together

Max was coming to collect Y/N for their third date in as many weeks. As Max called it, it was the Winter break and he wanted to take full advantage of his time off before he had to travel to England to work at the factory. Max had organised to take Y/N out for a meal and then they'd see where the evening would take them.

"You ready to go?" Max asked as soon as Y/N opened her front door, she nodded with a smile and grabbed her clutch bag before following him out the door. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers, "How's you day been?" they nattered to each other the entire way to his Aston Martin car and then some more on the way to the restaurant. When Max parked outside the restaurant, Y/N gazed up at it in wonder, it was an Italian restaurant – one of the best and as such, it was extremely busy. Together, they walked up to the front of house manager. "Hi, we have a reservation under Verstappen."

"Of course." The host checked their computer for a few seconds then glanced up nervously, Y/N glanced towards Max with a confused expression on her face, his mirroring her. "I'm sorry. We don't have a table for Verstappen." Max furrowed his brows. He was sure that he had booked a table earlier in the week and conveyed this to the host.

"Who did I book a table with then?" He asked with a small smile while running his hand through his hair. Y/N thanked the host for their help as she led Max out of the restaurant. "I'm sorry. I've ruined out date."

"Max, you haven't ruined anything. Let's go back to my flat and eat ice cream while watching Netflix." Y/N reassured him with a smile.

"You're the best, but there was something I really wanted to ask you tonight." Y/N stopped walking causing Max to be pulled back as their hands were intertwined, she stared at him, expecting him to continue speaking, but when he didn't get the hint, she used her hand to gesture that he should continue his train of thought. "Will you be my girlfriend?" A wide smile overtook her face as she threw her arms around his neck causing him to bend down to her height and nuzzle his head into her neck, placing gentle kisses along her skin.

"Of course, I will!" She pulled away from him before pulling his head towards her and placing her lips on his in a deep kiss.

His lock screen

Her lock screen

Her lock screen