Pregnant [Lewis Hamilton]

QueenOfSunshyne

Pregnancy Surprise

~~~

You stared at the stick in front of you 2 clear lines evident on it. You were pregnant. You couldn't have been more elated or relieved, you and Lewis had been trying for a baby since the off season but to no success but finally 6 months later and you were pregnant. Pregnant. You let out a laugh; the word sounded so foreign in your mind and you couldn't wait to tell Lewis. It would have to be one to remember and you had plenty of ideas, if your YouTube watch history was anything to go by – it was full of pregnancy videos that you'd watched in excitement and anticipation of wanting a baby. You knew you'd have to tell him when you next saw him which would be at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix which you where flying to from the home you shared with Lewis in Monaco.

In the weeks leading up to the British Grand Prix you had been to a maternity clinic in Monte Carlo to have your first ultrasound, which told you that you were 10 weeks pregnant, and you had prepared what you thought would be a memorial pregnancy announcement (curtesy of many orders from Etsy). You had ordered a baby-grow with 'Future World Champion' printed on the front and 'Hamilton #3' on the back, you also got a tiny Mercedes hat.

Lewis had won! He had won the race for a record sixth time and set a new lap record. As he drove his victory lap you, Angela and Toto walked to Parc Ferme where you met with Jenson Button and some marshals who guided you to a room opposite the cool down room where you could wait. It had been a tedious experience that consisted of emails and phone calls back and forth between yourself, the FIA and Jenson. It seemed like the longest 10 minutes of your life but finally a marshal collected you from the room and brought you to the entrance to the podium and it was there you waited until Jenson called you during the podium interviews.

"So Lewis, a lot of emotion out there today, this is a record breaking sixth time that you've won your home race!" Jenson asked Lewis who paused to answer as the crowd cheered for him.

"I can't tell you how proud I am to be here today in front of my home crowd, my whole family is here, my team, so many fans out there. The support I've received this weekend has been unbelievable."

"Yes, you whole family is here, including your girlfriend, Y/N. Y/N why don't you come on out." You walked out onto the podium stage and Lewis did a double take as he saw you from the corner of his eye before walked towards you to take your hand and guide you further out so that you where front and centre. You had kept your hands behind your back as you were holding a small bag with Lewis' surprise in them but had to act quickly and let go when Lewis reach for your hand. "And Y/N you have a surprise for Lewis, don't you?" With a smile and giggle you nodded and took the microphone from a marshal who had walked on behind you.

"Lewis, it's been a whirlwind of six months for us and to celebrate this brilliant win on yours today I have a small gift for you." You smiled and slowly handed him the bag as a shocked expression overtook his face.

"What's this?"

"Open it, you dummy!" You laughed and the crowd cheered. Slowly Lewis reached his hand into the bag and lifted out the tiny baby-grow, he unfolded it and his jaw dropped. He turned to the crowd and held it at arms-length in front of him as he silently read the word. The crowd erupted into cheers and claps as they saw what the gift was.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" Lewis cheered into the microphone and pulled you in by your waist for a hug. He put his hand into the bag again and pulled out the ultrasound photo, that was enough in itself to make his cry tears of joy as he inspected the small black and white photo. He couldn't have been happier; it had been disheartening trying for a baby for six months only to be unsuccessful but the feeling of joy that he felt in that moment made it all worth it and he couldn't wait for his child to be born.

 He couldn't have been happier; it had been disheartening trying for a baby for six months only to be unsuccessful but the feeling of joy that he felt in that moment made it all worth it and he couldn't wait for his child to be born