Back to Work [Daniel Ricciardo]

Y/N eased herself out of Daniel's arms, trying not to wake him as he didn't need to be up for at least another hour, but that didn't stop Daniel from tightening his grip on her waist and pulling her further back into his embrace. "I need to get up, Dan." With a low groan, Daniel loosened his grip, allowing Y/N to roll over and sit up. Y/N glanced back at her husband, admiring his bare chest which was on show while he stretched his arms and folded them behind his head. "Morning." Y/N murmured, she stood up, dressed simply in an old t-shirt of Daniels and manovuered herself to the bathroom to get ready for work, quietly so as to not wake up their daughter, Lydia.

By the time Y/N had gotten herself ready for work, Daniel had prepared breakfast for the two of them. "You're so sweet." Y/N ruffled her hand through his hair.

"Need you to be at full strength today. It's your first day back." Y/N gave a small smile at his response. It was Y/N's first day back to work as a Primary 3 teacher at the local primary school after being on maternity leave for the past 6 months and to say she was sad was an understatement.

"I don't want to go back." She sighed

"You need to. It'll only get harder if you prolong your maternity leave."

"I know."

"It's just a half day and then you're going to meet me at the factory where I'll be with Lily." Daniel smiled at Y/N, caressing her check with his thumb.

Y/N was just packing her bag, ready to leave, when she heard through the baby monitor, Lily crying. She looked to Daniel with a longing expression, "Oh, let me check on her." She made move to leave in order to comfort her daughter, but Daniel caught her wrist and pulled her back, stopping her from leaving the kitchen, "No, work now. I'll check on her." Y/N emitted a sigh, kissed his cheek and nodded, "Ok, love you." Daniel entered Lily's room, she had only began sleeping in her own room this past week and while Y/N and him enjoyed having their own room back, he missed having Lily within such close proximity to him.

"Lily," He cooed as he towered above her cot, "Let's go." Daniel lent down over the cot to lift her out, he cradled her to his chest as he walked back to his room to get a few more minutes of precious sleep before he had to get up and ready for a day at the factory. Daniel made a barricade of pillows around Lily, just in case she rolled over, and lay down beside her, rubbing her back and soothing her back to sleep and just when she did, Daniel took a photo; knowing it would ease Y/N's fears on her first day back.

 Daniel made a barricade of pillows around Lily, just in case she rolled over, and lay down beside her, rubbing her back and soothing her back to sleep and just when she did, Daniel took a photo; knowing it would ease Y/N's fears on her first day ...

"Aw, look at her," Y/N squealed as she was finally able to look at her phone after what was a busy first day back. It had been a tedious process all morning, the substitute teacher who had replaced her during her maternity leave had ruined any and all routine that Y/N had worked hard to implement prior to going off, but now it was break time, allowing Y/N some time in the staff room to catch up with her colleagues that she hadn't seen in a while.

"She's beautiful!" Anna, a Primary 5 teacher complimented. It was unanimous across the board that Lily was a beautiful baby.

"Can't wait to get home, can you?" Nora teased with a knowing smile.

"I'm heading to the factory once I'm finished here to see her."

"Oh," Y/N could tell by a few of the fellow teachers that they all agreed that a factory was not an ideal place for a baby, "a factory doesn't seem like the best place for a baby, does it?" Her tone was quite patronising as if doubting Y/N's skills as a new mother, but Y/N didn't let it deter her.

"It's not a 'factory' factory." Y/N rolled her eyes, she was being petty herself now, showing her colleagues that she couldn't believe that they'd assume she'd be so careless. "It's the headquarters for the Renault F1 Team – it's just called the factory." Y/N said with shake of her head. The other teachers seemed to just look at each other, unsure of what to say, before Anna spoke up, "Awk, well, that'll be exciting." It couldn't have been clearer that her colleagues doubted her but Y/N knew that it was safe.

"Look! There's mummy!" Daniel said, holding Lily to his chest while pointing to Y/N who was walking towards them as they stood in the reception of the Renault Factory

"There's my baby! Did you miss me?" Y/N said, she grabbed Lily out of Daniel's arms and cuddled her to her chest, rocking her side to side and tickling her stomach slightly with the tips of her fingers. "My princess." Y/N kissed Lily's forehead and finally acknowledged Daniel who was stood staring at Y/N with a wide smile on his face.

"No love for me?" He teased spreading his arms wide, inviting Y/N into his arms, which she did without issue. Daniel wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly with Lily in between them.

 Daniel wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly with Lily in between them