117(pt.1)

ALYSSA POV
We got to the animal clinic, and helped Derek inside. Well, more like Scott carried him inside.

As soon as we were in, Deaton cleared off what was on the metal table, and we helped Scott lay Derek gently down, while keeping the blanket around Derek.

Deaton looked at Derek's face and said, "wow." To say he was shocked would be an understatement; his reaction had matched ours.

"Wow. Wow as in I've seen this before, and I know exactly what to do, kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we're looking for," Stiles said to him in a rush.

"No kidding," I replied.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton responded, slightly panicking.

Lydia grabbed Derek's hand. "He's cold, really cold."

Then Deaton grabbed his other hand to confirm what Lydia said.

"Do you think this is permanent?," Scott asked.

"Yea, cause I like the old sourwolf. Not that there is anything wrong with this Derek, but..," I said in a rush.

"I'm not even sure a medical diagnosis is adequate," Deaton said while moving a flashlight around Derek's eyes. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?," Stiles questioned.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here," Deaton informed.

"You mean from Kate," I concluded.

"If she's alive, and she is what you say she is, she won't walk past that gate," he replied.

"Why would she want to do this to him?," Lydia asked, like we knew the answer.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be good for anyone but her," he responded.

"And bad for everyone else," Stlies added.

"More like absolutely awful for everyone else," I mumbled.

"You know you guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger, so maybe the rest of you should get some sleep, it's a school night. You all need to start taking care of your own lives again," he said to all of us.

"Psssssh, I'm wide awake," I said, even though I was leaning against Scott, half asleep.

"That's why you are falling asleep leaning against your brother," Stiles said sarcastically. "You're totally awake, Al."

In case you're wondering, Stiles calls me Al, along with the rest of the pack sometimes, and Derek usually calls me weirdo. Pretty clever nicknames, aren't they?

Just kidding.

"Someone should stay with him," Scott added. Deaton looked at Lydia, who was still holding Derek's hand.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes," Lydia told us, looking at Scott and I.

"I'm so not OK with this," Stiles responded immediately.

"Guys, go," Lydia said looking at Stiles.

"No," Stiles said immediately.

"Text us if anything happens," Scott said to her. She nodded.

"Nope, still not OK with it," Stiles spoke, looking at me and Scott when we started walking to the door.
We both grabbed one of Stiles arms as he said," Nope, not going anywhere."
We started dragging him in response.
"Alright, just cause you guys are stronger-," Stiles trailed off as we pulled him out the door. We got in the jeep, and as we started driving, I fell asleep in the backseat.
------------------------------------------------------
I woke up to Scott carrying me inside the house. He walked in as quiet as he could, but paused slightly when we saw our dad asleep on the couch. Then all of a sudden, Scott accidentally kicked a toolbox sitting on the floor, and dad shot up from the couch. Scott tightened his hold on me, so I just rested my head on his shoulder.