I.E.D.(pt.1)

ALYSSA POV
"It's a dead pool," Scott explained to Sheriff Stilinski, pulling out the piece of paper we printed the list on.

"A hit list of supernatural creatures," I added.

"This is only part of it," Scott told the Sheriff while setting the paper down and pointing to it. "The rest still has to be decoded."

Sheriff scanned the list over then asked, "Who found this list?"

"Lydia," Stiles replied instantly.

"How?," Sheriff Stilinski asked, looking confused.

"She wrote it," Stiles informed him, making sligh hand gestures. "Actually she transcribed it, without realizing it."

"Banshee?," Sheriff asked in response.

"Banshee," Stiles and I confirmed, nodding.

"Beautiful," Sheriff whispered sarcastically. "Alright, what-what are these numbers next to the names?"

"We're getting to that," Stiles told him, pointing to the list. "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."

"Wait, like a key word?," Sheriff Stilinski questioned.

"It was actually a name," Stiles replied.

"Allison," I whispered through the growing lump in my throat, looking down.
Sheriff looked upset, and concerned about my response. He gave me a look that held so much sympathy I had to shut my eyes.

"Her name broke a third of the list," Stiles told his dad, after a moment of silence.

"And-uh, we think there's 2 other cipher keys," Scott informed Sheriff.

"Which will give us the rest of the names," Sheriff concluded. "Okay, how do we get the cipher keys?"

"Same way we got the code," Stiles responded.

"Lydia," Scott told him.

"She's been at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other 2 key words," I added. Sheriff then flipped through pictures of the dead bodies, the ones of those that were on the dead pool, and are, well... dead.

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie, or anything, right?," Sheriff Stilinski asked. "And what about these other 2 names on the list: Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town? They werewolves too?"

"We don't know," Scott replied immediately. "But Deaton said that the nematon would draw supernatural creatures here."

"Here being Beacon Hills, or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000," Sheriff responded.

"And dropping," I muttered, and Stiles chuckled lightly. Sheriff Stilinski looked at us with an exasperated expression.

"But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking closer at 500,000," Sheriff informed us.

"Look," Sheriff sighed, then sat down.
"How many werewolves, banshees, kitsunes, whatever the hell else is out there, are we talking about? And what happens if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names, but a hundred?"

"We don't think there'd be that many," Stiles answered. "There's a limit."

"Because of the numbers," Scott added.
"We think that once we decode the names, the numbers will add up to 117."

"117 what?," Sheriff questioned sharply.

"Million," I told him, remembering how Peter went on and on about how someone stole his money, that it was a heist.