Cherry Blossoms

"Get on, get on, get on!" Zak's excited voice shouted through Darryl's headphones.

"Okay, it's loading! Be patient!" Darryl responded as he pulled up Minecraft. Once the menu screen loaded, he connected to Zak's server, InvadedLands. "Okay, I'm here, what did you want to show me so badly?"

"Okay, uh... go to [coordinates]."

"Can't you just tp me directly to you?"

"NO! You have to go to the coordinates!"

"Oh my goodness, fine! Calm your muffins!" Darryl teleported himself to the location Zak gave him and found himself at the base of a hill. Curious, he made his way to the top and was met with a large handbuilt tree, the branches covered with pink wool. Darryl instantly recognized it as a Japanese cherry tree. "Skeppy, what's this about...?"

Skeppy's name tag appeared behind the tree — Darryl presumed that he'd been holding down shift previously — and his character walked around to the front so that he was standing in front of Darryl.

Darryl looked at Zak's character. He was wearing a different skin than usual; he still had the diamond derp character, but he had added the unmistakable Japanese sailor dress over it.

"Skeppy, what is-"

"Bad."

Darryl stopped, surprised by his friend's unusually serious tone. "...Yes?"

Zak breathed in. "I like you. I mean, like like you. Romantically. More than friends. I want to date you, and cuddle with you, and kiss you. Will... will you go out with me?"

Darryl sat in shock, trying to find his ability to speak. "I- y-yes! Yes, I will go out with you!"

He heard Zak sigh on the other end, relieved. "Thank god, I... I was so scared you'd say no!"

"How could I?! I love you! Here, stand still for a sec..." Zak did as he was told, and Darryl moved his character forward so the two were just barely touching. He made a kissing sound with his mouth before moving back. He heard Zak making flustered noises. Darryl could imagine what he looked like; leaning back in his chair with his long sleeves pulled up over his hands, which were covering the adorable smile plastered on his face. He blushed at the thought. "I wish I could kiss you for real."

There was silence on the other end for a minute, before Zak said, "I gotta go."

"Wait, what?" Darryl protested. "No, Skeppy, wait-"

"I'll be right back, I promise. Just gotta do something real quick."

The other's character vanished as he disconnected. Darryl groaned and put his head in his hands. Everything was going right, and then he just had to make that comment. He probably was moving too fast, and he had weirded him out, and now-

Darryl's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. He quickly composed himself and went to answer.

He opened the door and was greeted by the smiling face he'd seen so many times on his computer. Darryl's eyes widened. "Ske-!"

He was cut off by Zak grabbing Darryl's shoulders, standing on his toes, and pressing his lips to Darryl's.

Darryl was shocked at first, but as his chest exploded with butterflies, he closed his eyes and kissed back. His arms wrapped around Zak's waist, pulling the smaller boy closer. After a little bit, they had to pull apart for air.

"Your wish has been granted," Zak remarked with a giggle. Darryl chuckled and pulled Zak into another kiss.