Home

Darryl climbed out of the car as soon as the engine was off, pulling out his phone to text George.

Beaver o_o

I'm here, should I knock or just go in?

just go in, I'm in the kitchen

Darryl opened the door and made his way through the crowd of people, holding his nose to defend his senses from the smell of alcohol everywhere. "George!" he called out once he'd spotted the British boy.

"Oh thank God, you're here. Sorry you had to come out here, I would have taken him home myself, but like I said, I'm the driver for some other people, so..." George explained as he guided Darryl through the crowd.

"It's fine! I don't mind, really, I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I can't believe that muffin would be so irresponsible..."

Zak had agreed to go to a party with some friends. Darryl had been invited as well, but had declined upon learning there would be drinking. A few minutes ago, Darryl had gotten several frantic texts from George, saying that Zak had had too much to drink and could he please come collect him.

Finally, Darryl spotted the other boy seated on a couch, conversing with another drunk partier. A cup was clutched in his hand as he laughed about nothing.

"Zak! Oh my goodness!" Darryl exclaimed, bringing Zak's attention to his presence.

"Darry!" Zak greeted, awkwardly standing and holding his arms out. Darryl took the cup from him and put it on a nearby table before accepting the hug. Zak looked up at him and giggled. "Hi," he said, still laughing.

"Hi," Darryl responded with a sigh. "Come on, you fatty, let's go." He scooped up the small boy, prompting a gasp and more giggling.

"Wow, you're strong, Darry..." Zak slurred, leaning into Darryl's shoulder.

Darryl's face heated up, but he just pushed through the crowd, clutching his friend. Once they were outside and the sound of the party was muffled behind the door, Darryl breathed a sigh of relief. "All right, we're gonna go home, and we're gonna get you to bed."

"But 'm already home," Zak protested.

Darryl frowned, looking at him with a confused expression. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm home 'cause..." Zak hiccuped. "'Cause I'm with you." Zak smiled up at the other boy.

Darryl's face flushed for the second time that night. That was way too smooth. "Y-you're drunk, Zak..." Darryl mumbled, putting Zak down temporarily to unlock and open the car before helping him in.

As the two drove home, Darryl couldn't help but notice Zak staring at him from the passenger seat. "What?" he asked.

Zak giggled. "You're pretty."

Darryl blushed and glanced away before focusing on the road. "Stop..."

"But I don' wanna," Zak slurred. "You're nice, and you're pretty, and you're strong, anddd I love you."

Darryl didn't respond, but his heart was pounding like crazy, and his face was redder than ever. He watched the street in front of him, trying to ignore his haywire feelings. After a few minutes, a faint snoring next to him told him Zak had fallen asleep.

Zak was still asleep upon their arrival. Darryl considered waking him up, but decided that he needed sleep anyway. He stepped out of the car and opened the door to the side Zak was on, picking him up and carrying him inside.

Zak leaned into Darryl's chest and gripped the older boy's hoodie as he was brought into his bedroom. Darryl planned to lay him on the bed and leave him alone, but Zak had other plans; as soon as Darryl released him, he pulled the other boy down with him and nuzzled into his chest.

Darryl's breath hitched, and he tried to pull away, but Zak's grip was firm and unrelenting. He sighed, knowing he didn't have a choice but to stay. Besides, though he wouldn't admit it out loud, cuddling with Zak felt nice.

——

I've laid out an update schedule!! each book will be updated twice a week; this one will be Mondays and Thursdays. I'll do my best to stick to this schedule, I might accidentally skip once in a while tho haha