My Muffin

Trigger warning: blood

Darryl sat at his computer, chatting happily with Zak and Clay. His own stream was live as well; he'd decided to use facecam that day, just for fun.

However, facecam might not have been the best idea, considering two major facts.

One: he was currently crushing on Zak.

Two: as a result of this crush, he'd developed a severe case of Hanahaki disease.

Thanks to these two things, Darryl had to be very careful about his behavior in front of the camera. If he were to get too flirty with Zak, the camera would not only see his red face, but the viewers would also witness him throwing up into the trashcan next to him.

Clay chuckled at something, prompting a raised eyebrow from Darryl. "What is it, Dream?"

"Nothing, just some fanart of you two."

Darryl and Zak both made an interested noise. "Can I see?" Darryl asked.

"Yeah, sure," Clay responded, Darryl's phone dinging a second later.

Darryl unlocked the phone to look at the message, and a drawing of him and Zak cuddling, faces red, filled the screen. He dropped the phone on the desk and frantically pressed the mute button as he started coughing. He bent down out of frame, puking the petals and blood into the trashcan.

Once the coughing fit came to a stop, he sat back up and wiped the blood from his mouth before unmuting. "Sorry about that, everyone, I just had a tickle in my throat," he lied.

The call was silent, too silent. "You guys still there?" he asked.

"...Bad?" Zak's soft voice came through.

"Yeah?"

"Why was there blood on your mouth?"

What? How could Zak see his- "Oh my goodness!" Darryl gasped, shutting down the stream as fast as possible, leaving the TeamSpeak soon after. Instantly, his phone blew up with messages. He'd told Clay about the situation when it first started, so the majority of the messages were from Zak.

Muffin ❤️

BAD
BAD
BAD
DUDE
WHAHT THE FUCK

Language >:O
I'm fine don't worry

DUDE
YOU COUHGED UP BLOOD THERE'SN O WAY YOURE OK

I don't want to talk about it

dream said you told him
why cany ou tell him and nto me
i thought we were best freinds

Darryl coughed up another round of flowers, feeling his throat tear from the developing thorns. He was going to have to tell him soon, that much was clear. Every day, he was getting closer and closer to death. He sighed and went for it.

Muffin ❤️

Because I don't want to be friends with you, Skeppy
I want to be boyfriends

When the message was marked as read and no typing bubble appeared, he immediately began coughing into the trashcan again, this time accompanied by tears falling swiftly from his eyes. His phone chimed, and he wiped enough of the tears to read the new message.

Muffin ❤️

oh my god
i dunno which of us is more oblviuos
bad i love you
id love to be boyfriends

Darryl leaned his head back against his chair, his tears now caused by relief. Zak didn't hate him, in fact quite the opposite. He let out a soft laugh as the realization set in and his lungs cleared.

Muffin ❤️

I love you too
You muffin ❤️

im yor muffin

Darryl blushed, a grin spreading across his face. Zak was his.

His muffin.