Allergy

Requested by evag8788 [can't find their acc anymore but oh well here's their request]

Trigger warning: blood

Zak clutched the sides of the toilet, hurling another round of flowers and blood into the bowl. Why, of all the flowers in the world, did Darryl's favorite flower have to be chrysanthemums? Hanahaki was already a horrible disease, one Zak had hoped he'd never experience, but the added misery from the fact that he was allergic to what was growing in his lungs made the pain so much more unbearable.

Once the vomiting finally came to a stop, he let out a shaky sigh. The pain was so overwhelming, never fully coming to a stop. Part of him wanted the disease to kill him and get it over with.

He shook the thought away. He couldn't think like that; he could make it through this. He just needed to gather the courage to tell Darryl his feelings.

He sighed again, the little bit of hope in him getting beaten down by doubt and fear.

Darryl was straight.

Darryl would never love someone like him.

Zak had no shot at being with him.

Zak coughed up another load of blood and flowers into the toilet, prompted by thoughts of the other boy. He leaned back against the bathroom wall and hugged himself, not bothering to wipe the blood from his mouth. He wondered if the pain in his throat was because of the disease or if a rash was developing from the contact with the plants.

His stomach growled, bringing his attention to the fact that he hadn't eaten all day, having spent every waking moment in front of the toilet. There was a brief moment where he wondered whether he would be able to swallow anything before he decided he should at least try to. If he couldn't, it would add another layer of urgency to his confession. If he could, then at least the flowers would kill him before hunger did.

Zak stood up and went to the kitchen, browsing the slim selection of food he had. If he did have a rash in his throat, he had no chance with anything hot or acidic. He sighed and grabbed a slightly overripe banana, hoping it would suffice, before heading back to the bathroom so that he would be near the toilet if he suddenly needed to throw up.

He peeled back the skin, braced himself, and took a bite.

Chewing it wasn't so bad, but the minute he tried to swallow, he was met with excruciating pain. He rushed to the toilet and coughed up the banana, as well as some more flowers and blood.

Once the painful substances were out of his mouth, he sat on the bathroom floor, shaking. He had Hanahaki disease, the entire inside of his throat was covered in a rash, and he couldn't eat anything. He felt absolutely miserable.

After a few moments, Zak registered the fact that his phone was ringing. He answered the call without looking at the name and put it up to his ear. "H..ello?" he managed to croak out.

"Hi, Skeppy, how are you?" Darryl's familiar voice answered.

Zak tried to respond coherently, but he just let out a creak followed by another coughing fit. He hung up the phone, finished coughing, then opened his texts with Darryl to explain himself.

Baldy ❤️

Skeppy why did you hang up D:

sorru m sick rn
canttalk

Oh I'm sorry :(
Anything I can do to help?

no dont wrory aboutit

Ok :)

there is somthign i need to tell u tho

:O what is it?

i like you

Aww I like you too Skeppy

no like boyfriends

?

Dear god, this man is dense, Zak thought to himself.

Baldy ❤️

i have a crush on you
romanticaly

Oh :O
I feel the same about you ❤️

Zak exhaled, his chest clearing. Relief flooded him, followed by panic as he realized the pain in his throat was still there.

Baldy ❤️

fuck i have a prblem

LANGUAGE >:O
What is it?

oksay so
i had haunsdahaki
yrour havorite flower is crysanthmumns right

Yeah?

m allergic to them

Oh no D:

so now i haev a rash in my throatt
adn its still here and painfull

Oh no!
Go to the doctor :(

ok
love u bad

I love you too Skeppy :)

Zak shut off his phone and headed out to the doctor's office. He was still in pain, but at least his crush loved him back.

And that made all the pain feel worth it.