Cold Weather

Requested by plshateonme

"Dude, why is it so cold here?!" Zak complained, hugging himself in an effort to contain the warmth. "Seriously, how do you live like this?"

"You get used to it after a while," Darryl said, seemingly unbothered by the temperature.

Zak shivered. "I'm not coming back here, just so you know."

"What?!" Darryl protested.

"Yup. Next time we meet up, you can come to my place."

Darryl gave a resigned sigh. "Okay..."

Despite the weather, the two had a wonderful time together, spending most of it inside at Zak's insistence.

Strangely, no matter how much Zak complained, the minute he left, he found himself wanting to go back. He did his best to ignore it, but the feeling persisted, and eventually he gave in and bought himself another plane ticket.

This time, he made sure to pack for the temperature, but he still felt cold as soon as he stepped out of the plane.

Why did I come back here? he wondered grumpily as he climbed into the Uber that was waiting for him.

As he stepped out of the car in front of Darryl's house, his heart skipped. He was about to see Darryl again. He knocked on the door and threw his body onto the person who answered it in a very enthusiastic hug.

He certainly hadn't missed the weather; he'd missed Darryl.