Laser Tag

Darryl never expected his first date to be laser tag, with his best friend even. But Zak had insisted, and here they were at the arena, preparing to enter.

"I'm gonna destroy you," Zak declared as he put on his vest, gun in hand.

Darryl scoffed. "As if. You're gonna be bamboozled."

"This isn't wool wars, Darryl. You can't rely on the sandstone for me to lose. You need to have actual skill."

Darryl was offended. "I do have skill!"

"You've never even played this before!"

"That's true, I haven't..."

"How do you 'have skill' then?!"

"It can't be that hard! All you have to do is shoot people and not get shot. Besides, let's just have fun. That's what we're here for, remember."

Zak nodded, and the two entered the arena, splitting up.

It was a lot bigger than Darryl expected. There were lots of barriers, providing people with places to hide. It was very dark; the only light came from small glow-in-the-dark patches on the various surfaces, as well as the LEDs on the vests people wore.

Darryl was able to shoot several people, and only got shot himself a couple times. He hadn't seen any sign of Zak since the very start, however. He stuck his gun around the barrier next to him, checking for other people before entering the shelter. His heart was pounding from the adrenaline, so he stood still for a minute to catch his breath.

A tap on his shoulder caught his attention. He turned around, ready to fire his gun, but was suddenly pushed into the corner of the enclosure as the boy — who he realized was Zak — kissed him.

Darryl was caught by surprise and froze for a minute before registering what was happening. He closed his eyes and sank into the kiss, his finger slipping off the trigger of his gun. His right hand dropped to his side, holding the weapon, while his left hand ran through Zak's fluffy black hair.

The kiss continued for a bit before they had to pull away for oxygen. Darryl gazed into Zak's brown eyes, lost in his boyfriend's facial features.

Then the moment stopped when Zak lifted his gun and shot Darryl in the chest.

"What the- Zak!!" Darryl exclaimed, offended. The smaller boy laughed and ran off, disappearing into the arena.

As Darryl's vest reenabled, the man sighed. He'd get Zak for that, he promised himself as he stepped out of the shelter in pursuit.

——

Three updates? In one day? It's more likely than you think.

This'll be the last update for today, I might have another one up tomorrow but maybe not. Hopefully I don't regret using all my current ideas up at once :P