SickBoyHalo

Requested by wolves4lifebro

Darryl coughed loudly, then rubbed his nose. He gripped his sheets tighter. It was just a cold, but he still felt miserable. He sniffed, trying to stop his nose from running, but the sharp inhale only caused him to start coughing again. He let out a groan of discomfort.

He rolled over, trying to return to sleep so he didn't have to keep feeling horrible. His phone suddenly started ringing, causing him to groan again and reopen his eyes. Darryl picked up the phone and answered it without bothering to check who was calling.

"Hello?" he answered, voice slightly hoarse.

"Hey, Bad, how are you?" Zak greeted.

Darryl coughed. "Not so good..."

"Oh, no.. are you sick?"

Darryl gave an affirmative hum, then coughed again.

"Okay, uh... I'm not good at curing sickness, sorry," Zak apologized, chuckling slightly. "Um... have you taken medicine?" he asked.

"No, I don't feel like getting up..." Darryl said, rubbing his eyes.

"You should get some medicine, it should help. And you should eat something, too. You'll just feel worse if you don't."

Darryl stared into space for a minute, contemplating these orders. He really didn't feel like moving, but Zak was right, he would feel better if he did. "Okay," Darryl finally said, forcing himself to sit up.

He stumbled over to the bathroom, holding himself up using the wall. He fiddled with the medicine cabinet for a minute before successfully opening it. He scanned the bottles on the shelves, trying to recall what he was there for.

"You okay, Bad?" Zak asked, not having heard anything on Darryl's end in a bit.

"...I don't remember..."

Zak chuckled softly. "You want me to come over there?" he offered.

"Mm-hm." Darryl sat down on the bathroom floor, leaning against the sink cabinet.

"Okay, I'll be there soon. What's your address?"

Darryl's mind went blank. "..."

"Never mind, I'll ask Sapnap. See you soon, okay?"

"Okay."

A beeping noise signaled that Zak had hung up.

Half an hour later, which Darryl spent half asleep on the bathroom floor, Zak arrived at Darryl's apartment. He didn't bother knocking, assuming that Darryl didn't have the energy to answer the door. "Bad?" he called out. "You here?"

Darryl responded with a cross between a hum and a groan. Zak appeared in the doorway after a moment. "Hey, how you feeling?" he asked.

"Mmm.. not good..." Darryl mumbled before bursting into another coughing fit.

Zak placed his hand on the older boy's forehead. "Jeez, you're burning up." He crouched down and put his arm around Darryl, laying his arm across Zak's shoulders. "All right, come on. You gotta stand up." Darryl leaned on the smaller boy, managing to stand up with Zak's help. The two walked over to the sofa, where Darryl collapsed. Zak returned to the bathroom, found the medicine he needed, and returned to where the older boy was waiting.

"Okay, here. Take these," he ordered, handing Darryl two of the tablets. He moved to grab a cup of water, but Darryl had already swallowed them dry. Zak stared at him for a minute before accepting it and moving on. "I'll get you something to eat."

Zak opened and closed several cabinets before managing to track down what he needed: a mug, a spoon, and a can of chicken soup. He poured part of the can into the mug, microwaved it until it was decently hot, and brought it into the living room, where Darryl was beginning to doze off.

"Bad..." Zak said, crouching down next to the couch and shaking Darryl slightly. "You gotta eat something first, then you can sleep all you want. Okay?"

Darryl nodded slightly and coughed into his sleeve before taking the soup. Ignoring the slight burn, Darryl placed a spoonful in his mouth. Zak stood up and rested his hand in Darryl's hair, stroking it gently. Darryl shut his eyes, savoring both the flavor of the soup and the feeling of Zak's hand in his hair.

Darryl kept eating. Zak continued the gentle movement of his hand for a minute, then suddenly jolted slightly and pulled his hand away. "Sorry," he said awkwardly.

His embarrassment suddenly morphed into surprise as Darryl let go of the spoon and grabbed Zak's hand, placing it back in its former position. Zak resumed petting Darryl, now blushing slightly. Darryl took one final bite before closing his eyes again, relaxing at Zak's touch.

"You done?" Zak asked, noticing Darryl had stopped eating. Darryl nodded and handed him the mug. "Okay, you can sleep now," Zak said, beginning to bring the dish to the kitchen.

"Skeppy?" Darryl called after him, causing Zak to turn around.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Zak smiled, eyes filled with fondness. "I love you, too." He turned back to the kitchen. "Now get some rest. You need it."