Hangover (2)

Zak let out a displeased groan as he woke up. His head was pounding, and his throat was dry. He slowly opened his eyes. Had daylight always been that bright?

A pair of arms wrapped around him from behind, causing him to panic. There was no way, no way he went home with a stranger. He had friends there; even if most of them weren't sober, George at least surely would have stopped him. But the person in his bed disproved that.

His hands moved to the person's arms, trying to escape from their grasp. After a few minutes of struggling, he managed to wriggle away and turned to look at them.

His mouth opened in surprise upon discovering that the person who'd been spooning him was Darryl. There was a certain amount of relief that came with that discovery, as that meant he hadn't slept with anyone. They were both fully clothed, and Darryl would never take advantage of him like that.

Darryl hummed and blinked open his eyes. "Morning, Zak..." he mumbled.

"Dude, why are you in my bed?!" Zak asked, less firmly than normal due to his hangover.

"I-! You- I-I picked you up from the party, and brought you home, and you wouldn't let go of me!" Darryl protested.

"Uh-huh, sure," Zak joked with a sly smile.

"Oh my GOODNESS!" Darryl shouted, causing Zak to wince and put his hands to his head. Darryl immediately noticed and gasped. "I'm sorry, Zak, I'll go get you something to help with that," he said before leaving.

Darryl returned a minute later with some medicine and a glass of water, which Zak gratefully took.

"Why were you even drinking, Zak? You're underage!" Darryl scolded, keeping his voice down for his friend's sake.

Zak shrugged. "I dunno, I hadn't really done it before, so I guess I just wanted to see what it was like. Besides, weren't you the one who told me that I can drink alcohol, I just can't purchase it?"

"Yeah, but you still shouldn't! It's bad for you! I bet you don't even remember last night."

"Why, what happened?"

Darryl's face went red as he remembered how flirty Zak had been. "W-well, nothing bad, you just... said some... things."

"What kind of things?" Zak asked, tilting his head slightly.

"It doesn't matter," Darryl said, trying to shrug it off.

"Come, on, tell me," Zak insisted.

Darryl looked to the side. "You were being really... flirty. You kept calling me 'Darry,' and complimenting me, and stuff."

"Oh." Well, I blew it, Zak thought. "Aaaand, what did you think?" he asked, deciding he might as well own it now that Darryl knew.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Darryl asked.

"Did you like it?"

"Wh- I-" Darryl stammered, trying to come up with an answer to that.

"Do you like it when I call you 'Darry,' and tell you I love you?" Zak moved across the bed toward him, gently holding Darryl's face between his hands. "Do you like it when I do this?" And with that, Zak kissed him.

Zak pulled back after a second to look at Darryl, who was visibly bluescreening. "I- well-" he managed after a few seconds. "I guess I don't mind..."