Supportive

Requested by skephaloyayidot14

Premise: Your soulmate's feelings about you are written on your body.

⚠Trigger warning: self-hate⚠

"Ughhhhh, I'm so bored..." Zak groaned as he spun around in his gaming chair. He shifted himself so that he was sitting on his legs and his head was poking over the back of the chair. "Maybe I could call Bad." He texted the other YouTuber, then moved himself into an empty Teamspeak channel to wait.

A few minutes later, Darryl hadn't joined, and Zak was still bored. He sighed, spinning around again. He should think about something interesting to pass the time.

Let's see... Pandas. What? Why pandas of all things? Something else... Soulmates. Sure, why not?

So, what your soulmate thinks of you is written on your body, most commonly the arm. Before you meet them, it shows what their first impression of you is. For a long time, Zak's said "uncooperative." Now...

Zak lifted his arm to read what it said. He sighed unhappily at the sight of the word "annoying." He hadn't figured out who they were, but he wanted so badly for them to like him.

He knew it was hopeless. No one liked him. He was loud and irritating. He caused others' pain, and then laughed at their distress.

Unlikeable.

Worthless.

Annoying.

Zak let out a pained sigh, putting his head in his hands. He looked up again as a text-to-speech voice announced that someone else had joined his channel.

"What do you want, Skeppy?" Darryl's voice greeted, clearly not happy.

He hadn't even done anything, and Darryl was already upset.

Zak broke down.

Why? Why couldn't he get along with anyone? He just wanted to talk to someone.

"Wh- Skeppy? What's wrong? What happened?" Darryl asked, voice suddenly laced with worry.

"I-" Zak sniffed, trying desperately to stop crying. This was embarassing. He hadn't cried in front of anyone since he was a kid, and yet here he was, sitting in a Teamspeak call, sobbing his heart out.

"Hey, it's okay, calm down. Breathe," Darryl soothed.

Zak breathed in and out slowly, the tears eventually stopping.

"You okay?" Darryl asked.

"I- yeah," Zak answered.

"What happened?"

"...Nothing. It's.. it's stupid."

"It's okay, you can tell me anything."

Zak hesitated, then sighed. "My soulmate thinks I'm annoying," he admitted.

"...Oh." Darryl was silent for a moment before speaking up again. "I'm sorry. I understand how that feels. But you know what? You don't need that fatty. You have plenty of other people who like you, including me!"

"You mean it?" Zak asked.

"Of course I do! You can be a bad potato from time to time, but I can tell you've got a good heart."

Zak smiled slightly. "Thanks, Bad..." He glanced down at his arm, ready to look at that word with newfound confidence. He gasped.

"What? What is it?"

"It changed! 'sometimes annoying, actually sweet,'" he read.

"Oh! That's good! I'm glad it changed!" Darryl exclaimed happily.

Zak grinned, a weight lifted off his chest. Then he frowned as he remembered something in particular that Darryl had said. "What did you mean when you said you understand how I feel? What does your soulmate think of you?"

"Oh. My soulmate's a bad muffin. They think I'm 'gullible.' I'm not gullible! That's mean! They- wait, what?"

"What?"

"Mine's also different. 'Supportive.'" Darryl giggled slightly.

Zak's eyes widened. His and Darryl's changed at the same time. Could it be...?

"Hey, Bad? Can I ask you something?" Zak asked, fidgeting nervously.

"Yeah? What's up?" Darryl asked.

"Do you... like me? Or do you like like me?"

There was a moment of silence. "Skeppy, I- w-we both have soulmates-"

"That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking: do you like like me?"

"...Yes," Darryl admitted.

"I like like you, too."

Zak heard a relieved sigh, followed by more worry: "But we can't be together, we're not soulmates!"

"Are you sure?"

"...Huh?"

"Think about it, Bad. My soulmate thought I was annoying, and yours thought you were gullible. Just now, we talked to each other, and they both changed," Zak explained.

"Wow... yeah, now that you- oh my goodness...!"

Zak grinned. "So? Will you be my boyfriend?"

Darryl giggled, making Zak's heart skip. "I thought you'd never ask."