Good Morning

Darryl slowly blinked his eyes open, bothered by the sun streaming in through the open window. Zak shifted in his arms, his fluffy black hair right next to Darryl's face.

"Mmm..." Darryl leaned his face against his boyfriend. "Morning," he mumbled.

Zak mumbled something incoherently in response. Darryl glanced at his watch and realized it was already almost noon. He nudged the boy in his arms. "We need to get up."

Zak let out an irritated groan. "No," he replied quietly, the sleepiness evident in his voice.

Darryl sighed gently, starting to untangle himself from Zak. "Come on, we can't spend all day in bed."

Zak gripped tightly onto Darryl's shirt. "No."

Darryl pried Zak's fingers off him and stood up. "Come on, Zak, it's late."

Zak buried his face in the pillow, not responding.

"Oh my goodness, just get up! It's not that hard!"

Zak lifted his head long enough to say, "No! I'm hibernating!"

Darryl attempted to process what Zak had just said. "What are you talking about?! It's spring! And besides, you're not even an animal!"

"I can be what I want to be!" Zak shouted as he pulled the covers over his head.

"Just get out of bed!"

A muffled "No!" could be heard from underneath the sheets.

Darryl sighed. "Oh my goodness, I'm literally done..." He stared down at the lump on the bed for a minute before announcing, "If you're not going to get up, I'll make you."

With that, he yanked the covers back and picked up Zak bridal style.

Zak's face was bright red. "Wh- I- put me down!"

"No," Darryl responded simply, carrying Zak out of the room.