Part five

Tyler's p.o.v.

She inches away from me and towards the door, and before I can do or say anything she is running out the door to who knows where...oh yea she does, maybe.

Rumors p.o.v.

I run out the room before anything else can happen and all the way to the upstairs hallway, I hear foot steps behind me and I reach the end of the hallway, there is no way to go. As the footsteps get louder I notice a window.

Before Tyler or whoever is chasing me gets up here I have to choose: jump out a window or get caught...easy, as they turn the corner I do the most normal thing even (note the sarcasm).

I open the window and jump, midair I shift and start running. Though not far behind I hear multiple paws getting closer. Soon I reach a clearing that leads to two cliffs and a gap between them.

In a rush I start to run faster towards the gap, if you didn't understand I'm going to jump to the other cliff.

I pick up my pace and jump, I feel like I'm flying as I hear howls and people yelling at me. Soon I feel the ground underneath my paws.

I open my eye and look down then behind me, I did it, I made the jump and am still living. I look into Tyler's eyes and see other wolves behind them creep up, I howl to tell them and see Nathan appear.

I whimper and look away and begin to run, I thought that for once I could trust someone and forget my past...my pain, but that couldn't just happen and it seems that I'm runnign from a man that I wished I would never see again.

Tyler's p.o.v.

When she started running I felt a hand run through my fur, I turn and growled. Nathan and some other wolves were standing there grinning, I shifted back and put on a pair on shorts that he through at me.

"What do you want Nathan" I said and he laughed, I take heat back he cackled. He smiled "just wanted to visit my little bro, is there something wrong with that?" He said.

I growled and grabbed him by the throut "why did you case my mate away" he smiled, "I thougt you liked a good chase, you did when you were little..oh yea" he paused for a dramatic effect "I want you to work for your mate just like I did but mine didn't survive, so yours might not either" I growled.

"You said you never met your mate" he laughed/cackled again "I met her before I knew, remember when you killed your first rouge and I wasn't feeling so good" I nodded.

"Well she was my mate and since I was going to shift in a week my wolf felt the pain of my mate dying" his eyes has unshed tears in them "do you know how hard it is to know that your own brother tour hired and killed your mate before you even got their name, it's tourture".

"So you went after my mate, but I didn't know she was my mate until a week ago (no pun intended) how did you know" I asked confused, he smiled.

"You see I met her while she was buying some cheese at target and we became friends, we hung out for a while and she saw a picture of you and couldn't stop looking. I knew she was your mate, and when you visited that one time and she saw you in person I knew I was right" I put my hand up to silence him.

"But how didn't I smell her scent" I asked still a little confused, he laughed dryly "you don't think I didn't ink of that, I have a friend who's a witch. She hooked me up with some potions that hid her scent and had her forget that night so I still had a chance with that beauty" I growled at him.

"I will rip your head if you don't get out of my territory" I threatened, he laughed again "just remember little brother..."

"The chase begins and you better try to get to her before me, or I will make you both suffer" he said as he took out a bottle and drank its contents.

He and his men disappeared and I growled "I want all of my men searching for my mate and I want the patrol doubled" I said in my alpha voice and headed back to the pack house, I will find Rumor before Nathan.

---Authors Note---

Hey so I figured out that I will update every Saturday/once a week