十三

"Haa... haa..haa..."

Drips of sweats stream down her face unceasingly as her grip around the blade tightens but her body is refusing to move faster even if she pushes it to,her lungs are giving up on her. But before she can have another breather, she felt his heat from the back and just in time to whirl around and blocked his slash of blade,came in contact with hers.

The duel between the two is so intense that she should have known Kyōjurō clearly wouldn't hold back now that he is aware of her skills she had build up so far.
   He is not the Flame Pillar for nothing; his movements are very precise as if he had calculated everything, his strength is enormous,not to mention he wields his blade very well,a strong and powerful swordsman- he causes tremors to the ground as he moves that no ordinary eyes could follow.

She had received several cuts and though all out, she know that because Kyōjurō tries his best to not harm her. They are involves in a physical combats once in a while, releasing their Breath Forms to lash out back to each other.

She is on the brink of her limit, the air she has been stabilizing since the beginning of the battle is escaping her lungs awfully fast.

"You leave your surface open too much!" Often Kyōjurō warns her as he will lunge an attack from above the air-her weakness because she doesn't have the good sight for it and rely only on her ears. Even during this, he simply is still teaching her.

Then as dodging from his attacks, an idea came lights up in her head.The one style that she has been working on for months and now perhaps the chance to put a practice to it.

She draw in another deep breath,

Breath of Flame,Final Breathing Form: Hell Fire

The Flame Pillar choked a gasp,the veins around her face are emerging and the red nerves in her white pupils are contracting.

What does she think she's doing!?

He musters his full might and dash forward,avoiding her blade and instantly wraps an arm over the back of her hips,crushing her body onto his whilst his other hand flicks the centre of her forehead,

"Satsuki!"

Before her consciousness drifted further to her evolve,he stops her,bringing her back to her now normal self where her energy felt as she had lost a moiety within her pulled out.

It was almost there..! I almost did it! Does that mean i will get to use it in battles now?

She did a little cheer on the inside with the fact that her final form was almost completed in times she needs to lash them out urgently. The broken bones and burnt skins were worth it all these times trying to master the certain ability.

Satsuki shot her head up with an excited grin,about to gush her happiness to him that he must be proud on her own work!
  But then,his smell and heat wobbles and her smile slowly drops to a small frown. Though she cannot see, she know Rengoku is looking down at her with furrowed eyebrows,a conflicted look in his eyes clearly displeased.

Eh?

————

Satsuki sulks as she kneels beside the desk again.Senjurō notices she didn't speak much more than ten words when they had just finished with the sparring but he continues to pour the tea to her cup,
  "I heated up the tea again so it will be better for your fatigue." He slides them gently across the desk,flashing her a small sheepish smile.

And fortunately it works much to his delight when the corner of her lips curve up to a vague one,
  "Thank you so much,Senjurō.Sorry for making you wait long."