三十

When Tanjirou finally made a full recover he now gets to join the long-awaited Pillar training sessions,blinding other hunters with his eagerness to practice with them all but oh boy ,how this boy had not seen it coming.

"Oh man! it's been a while! I heard you fought another Upper Moon.I gotta say, the only people who are in tip-top shape around here are the lucky ones!" Tengen Uzui,now retired from a Sound Pillar is excited to meet the particular boy he is indebted with-he after all,saved Hinatsuru.

"So lemme just whip that lunky body of yours back to good condition!"

"Okay! I'll do what i can!"

The long tiring session then begin from him. A good start indeed,especially when his three wives prepares meals for the tired demon hunters upon reaching the peak of the mountain.

"Oh my! you're here!"

"We've been waiting for you,Tanjirou-san! Eat as much as you like!"

Tengen watches the boy gleefully accept the food before munching them all down one by one.

"That reminds me, have you not seen Satsuki?"

"I did,actually! Just last night!" reply Tanjirou,mouth full with grains of rice

"Last night? I knew the two of you had that kind of relationship!" cried Makio out.

Tanjirou spat the food out,his face turning red he couldn't possibly hide them anymore, "Y-you got it all wrong! W-we're not—we're just friends!"

"Hmm are you?" teased Suma, peering into his face who hides behind the bowl in his hands

"Based on what we saw after the Upper Moon fight, someone can't stop clinging onto her."

"Right? right? Remember Tanjirou-san held Satsuki-san's body in his ar—"

"WAA WAA I get it!" he flails his hands causing giggles from the older women

"Well..." his voice then became quieter, darting his eyes about as if digging for the right words to say, "How to put this...i might...have feelings...for Satsuki.."

They all blinks, "Why don't you try asking her out then?"

"M-me?"

Hinatsuru nods, "You never know she might harbour the same feelings for you too."

Will that be alright? what if he only gets ahead with himself,too confident? Will all turn awkward if he is to confess to her and then got rejected? this is their friendship at stake here.

Tengen who watches the boy now approaches closer,placing a hand over his shoulder that made the younger one looks up to him,

"Kamado boy, i don't blame you for being anxious.Satsuki after all, is quite difficult to grasp."

"Uzui-san..."

"Perhaps because being too independent, she ought to do everything by herself that is why she is unwilling to share the burden on her weight."

Now that the former Pillar point it out loud, it is rather seldom for him to hear all about the problems Satsuki has in fact, he is the one who sounded like he whined a lot to her about his own issues.
  If it weren't for his determination on that day, he is sure she won't cry her heart out about Rengoku's death.He knows so little about her pasts yet he acts as if he knew her for so long,that made Tanjirou wanted to hide in shame.

Tengen recalls the short conversation he had with the mentioned brunette back when he visited her during bedridden,

"So about back then..."