二十六

When Satsuki woke up with a slow start it was during past midnight where all things were quiet except for the chirping crickets and bugs that seems to magnify in the dark.
She sat up ever so slowly when all her muscles clicked painfully,especially the deep gash of wound around her chest and lower abdomen that still throbbing.

Her eyes scan the dim room with only a single candle on the corner that almost ran out of its time.

How long was i asleep for?

The last thing she remembered that she passed out right after the battle with the Upper Moon ends but right now she doesn't have anyone to confirm anything.

Where's Tanjirou and the others?

She also recalls the Sound Pillar lose one of his arm,praying for his health right now.She swatted the blanket off of her before swinging her legs to the side,thinking, the girls would definitely be worried if they found me missing from the bed.

But nonetheless she trudges forward,exited the room through the dark corridors with only the full moon leaking from the windows is her light.She found herself stopping by one of the veranda,the cold,calming breeze whispers for her to stay still for now.
When she do sit down she let her feet dangling on the edge.

"We'll always be together forever Onii-chan!"

She stare sightlessly onto her opened palms,

"Look,there's nothing to be afraid of,right?"

It was no mistaken that the vague dream and images she had when she is on the brink of coma belonged to the siblings they fought;back when they were still in their human forms.The bitter past that clenches her heart achingly sore.

Maybe...demons aren't actually the bad ones...it is in fact,the despicable and greedy humans that show no tolerance towards one another. That is why they decided to take an alternative path to survive in the cruel world..

Her eyes saddens even more,the reason why she had these probably because she used it once during her fight with Daki-her ability that is.
Now she can't get it out of her head. Gyuutarou lives a painful life where people shunned him out before Daki came as his proud masterpiece. But he loves her like the younger sister and the only family he will ever got.
But then, Daki was burnt alive because she defended herself.

"Oooh my,why don't you become demons like me then? and maybe join the twelve ranks of the Demon Moons?"

Her eyes widens; there is a vision of a demon in Gyuutarou's memory.He has a pale pastel rainbow pair of eyes oddly enough with a pale golden locks.

Satsuki gulps, i think i just got myself a vision of another Upper Moon Demon.

She closes her eyes,sharping her senses,doing the total concentration breathing while at it.

I feel lack of energy, i might have been asleep longer than i should..

Then something caught her focus.She looks to the side to see a figure approaching him from the garden and from the smell,she can tell who it is.

"Giyū...?"

His deep blue gaze bored on her,silently approaching the brunette before taking a seat beside her.

"What are you doing here..?"

When he didn't answer she continued to ask again, "Are you perhaps injured too? Did Shinobu-san—"

"How's your wound?" He looks down at her chest which Satsuki quickly covers them with both arms,faking a loud gasp,

"Giyū! I didn't take you for such a pervert!"