三十四

"You finally came to my home..Kibutsuji Muzan."

The wind tonight feels too cold,nipping into every skin Kagaya has shown from underneath the blanket his wife had been trying to provide him with.

"The demon..my family..the demon hunters.." he listed with listless breath, "Have been chasing you for thousands of years."

However the demon progenitor simply stood just outside his veranda,basking in the moonlight that has been his companion for as long as he lived as such creature

"Amane,what form—what shape does this man...have?"

"He looks like a man in his late twenties," She began,studying the features where her husband can no longer see due to the illness that slowly gnawing his senses phsyically.

"But his eyes are plum red.And his pupils are vertical,like cats'.

"I see. I'm sure you're extremely mad at me..at the Ubuyashiki family; but that's also why i..was the only one who thought you'd come to kill me yourself."

"...Though you've found the last heiress of the Harukigahara,i'm truly disappointed,Ubuyashiki." Muzan finally mocks; "I've lived a thousand years without showing signs of aging and the old family who's gotten in my way all this time is now reduced to this."
  "Repulsive-litterlay repulsive.You already smell like a goddamn corpse,Ubuyashiki."

Gathering the last strength he have,Kagaya force himself up from the mattress but taking none of the demon's words as offensive,

"I figured..as much.." his limbs trembles as he struggles, "I was told..by the doctors half a year ago that i was going to die..in a few days.Yet,here i am..still alive,and they were loss at words."

He looks up,a bandage came loose upon his face allowing his rotten face came to view,perhaps forcing too much there is blood spills from the corner of his dead eyes and mouth,

"And i solely dedicated my soul to defeating you,Muzan..."

"And your fleeting dream will go to waste tonight.I will kill you right now."

"You..might not know this,but...you and i are the of the same blood.You were born a thousand years ago;so maybe your blood is different from mine."

The demon merely blinks slowly,his stoic face never cease; "I feel no emotion here-what're you trying to say?"

"A monster like you came out..of this family,and that led my family..to be cursed-Every child born in our family was weak,they died right away but when our family was about to get wiped from existence a priest came and gave us some advice," He told;

"A demon came from your bloodline,so you must dedicate your soul to defeating him with the help of the Harukigahara family.And if you do that,your family will not die out.We have received wives from the priests for generations,and our children are more resilient to death now.  But nobody in our family has lived beyond thirty."

"And now you're reduced to ramblings,it's utterly disgusting.Did that sickness get into your brain? That is of no consequence to me. After all,the heavens are not punishing me-despite the hundreds,thousands of humans i've killed,i've been let off the hook.And i have never seen a God or Buddha over those years." he ended with a jeering smile.