07

["We could leave this world, leave it all behind.

We could steal this car if your folks don't mind.

We could live forever if you've got the time, oh, oh, oh, 

I'm the only friend that makes you cry.

You're a heart attack in black hair dye.

So just save yourself and I'll hold them back tonight."]

[L/N Y/N]

I set my phone down. I had to cancel on Tenya. And I felt really bad about it.

There was one of Kurogiri's warp gates in my room.

"Hey Y/N," A voice on the other side greeted me.

I recognized it.

An old childhood friend.

His voice was scratchier, but it was the same guy from years ago. 

When my uncle was still alive, he would go drinking with some villain weekly, and a kid- older than I was -would always appear at my door shortly after my uncle left.

He was really nice, I got him into video games, and he told me about the man that went drinking with my uncle.

One day, the last time I saw him, he said "Y/N, next time I see you, you will be joining me, me and my new organization. And we'll rule the underworld, and we'll rid the world of heroes. Of the heroes who claim to save people, but don't have time to save their own children. I'll see you soon, don't worry."

That was his goodbye.

He stepped out of the purple fog, he looked so different, he had long hair, and he was definitely taller, but still short for a 20 year old.

"You remember what I told you before I left?"

"I'm not joining you."

"But remember what you said in response?"

"No..."

"Well Tomura-san, I look forward to it!" He mocked my voice.

"You introduced your self as Tenko, remember?"

"Sure..." He flinched when I said his name.

"I honestly can't believe you're trying to be a hero!" He chuckled.

"At least I'm not crusty..."

"I can keep you out of jail, Y/N. I can protect you, just like I used to." He sat on my bed, next to me. "When your uncle tried to hurt you while we were hanging out, a week after your parents were killed, I handled it...Remember?"

"I'm already out of jail."

"I can make that permanent. I checked it out, if you make any slip ups here, you have to carryout your sentence."

"It's a tightrope walk no matter what, and I would prefer my friends over you any day."

"Then tell them about your past, about me."

"Well-"

Then someone knocked on my door, "Y/N, Bakugou and Kyoka made dinner!" It was Ochako...

Tenko mouthed to me, "Let her in, if she's really your friend, she shouldn't care about your past."

"I'll be right down." Then I heard her walk away.