16

["This world is sick, my heart feels it.

This world is dark, my heart lights up."]

_

[L/N Y/N]

_

Honestly, I'm glad that if any of my classmates saw me here, it was Tenya. I'm glad the others had masks on. But the thing about the situation that scared me the most was the fact Tenya was here of all places.

"H-hey, Y/N..."

The four of us stepped into the room and closed the door. I took my mask off. 

"What happened to visiting your family?"

He kind of relaxed, which was weird. Probably because I didn't show any signs of wanting to fight him or anything. "...They kicked me out."

"Cool." I noticed he had a few suitcases with him and he had bruises on his arms and face.

"You said you were going to a friend's party in Shinjuku." He looked up at me. He would probably have started crying or something if the others weren't in the room. Tenya's easy to read.

"I only lied about the location and the specific type of gathering it'd be, Tenya. But auctions are kinda like parties." I probably shouldn't have told him it was an auction...But he looks like he needs someone to hang on to for the time being. He'd probably develop trust issues if I were to lie to him a ton more.

"Who are they...?" That was the one question I was hoping he wouldn't ask.

Tomura whispered something to Toga and Dabi. They took their masks off. Tomura wanted to drill into my head that he's a villain, even if he's helping me out. He only revealed his identity to Tenya to help me choose a side quicker.

Tenya's eyes widened.

Then something happened way too quickly. Tomura grinned at me and said, "Y/N, I've known you for years, and you're important to me, but unfortunately," I had never noticed that his eyes were so dead-looking. "Y/N, you're dead weight."

"Is it 'cause I'm a fence-sitter?" I couldn't look him in the eye. I was shocked, and sad, and felt abandoned. And all I wanted to do was look him in the eye to see how he felt about leaving me. But I just couldn't.

"Yes." As soon as he said that, I heard yelling. And gun shots. And so many footsteps. When I finally realized that it was heroes and the police, Tomura, Dabi, and Toga were gone.

Tenya looked scared. Terrified. I was shaking, too. It brought me back to a year ago. It was a similar situation.

Gun shots.

Yelling.

And someone I cared for by my side.

Does this mean Tenya's going to get shot?

Maybe.

I was kind of dazed, I felt like I was in some trance.

I saw my legs were moving, I was holding Tenya's backpack and one of his small, navy blue suitcases. He always had such nice looking stuff. Tenya was running behind me, a suitcase in tow.

He was probably too scared and confused to use his quirk, but we were both fast runners and we can't risk him overusing his quirk and running out of energy.

There was something at the end of the hallway. It looked like Kurogiri's warp gate. It might be Kurogiri's warp gate. But I didn't care. Tomura made it clear he wasn't going to help me with helping Tenya. But he also made it clear he cared for me, if even a tiny bit.