08

["If he said 'help me kill the president',

I'd say he needs medicine.

Sick of screaming ,'let us in!'

The wires got the best of him..."]

_

EDIT: DEC. 16, 2020 - bro i legit like how this chapter was omg

_

[L/N Y/N]

Kurogiri's warp gate was open in my room when I got back from training.

I walked through and just stood there kinda pouty.

"I'm gonna do this alone," Tenko said to the others.

"I don't know what to do. Everything I do just makes things worse." I said when we were alone.

He noticed my mood and said, "I know you've changed, you don't want to become a villain, but I want you to know that you can always talk to me if you need a shoulder to cry on... And I say this as Shimura Tenko, not as Shigaraki Tomura." He paused. "But I'd love if you were to join..."

"Thanks, but I can't." I approached him, my arms wrapped around his waist and I buried my head in his chest.

He stood there stiffly.

"Goodbye, Tenko."

"Goodbye, Y/N..."

And I left.

I kinda just stood in my room for a bit.

_

TENYA;

    Can I talk to you? Like, in person?

YOU;

    sure

_

Tenya came into my room shortly after that.

"Y/N, I'd like to talk about our fight, the one from earlier today..."

"Go ahead..." 

"I honestly don't care that you were once acquainted with Shigaraki. What I care about is why you lashed out and internalized things so much, it's unhealthy. You worry too much."

I was about to throw an insult at him... But... He doesn't care that I used to gladly stand next to Tenko... He doesn't care that I used to consider villains the good guys, and heroes the bad guys...

He just cares that I am trying to get better...

Holy shit.

He cares.

I can't let this guy go... I mean, I can't lose him...

My eyes were wide, I looked up at him.

My eyes filled with tears, and my lips quivered as I let the words escape my mouth...

"Thank you..."

I was truly, for the first time in my life, shocked. 

He looked concerned.

"Y/N?"

"Thank you so fucking much."

I stepped forward and my legs buckled as I fell forward into him, I hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around me.

[IIDA TENYA]

He's crying.

Why is he crying?

What's wrong?

Why did he thank me?

He feels so unbearably                cold.

Freezing.

Chilling.

It wasn't even the 'uncontrollably sobbing, letting it all out'.

It was silent.

Tears stained my sweater and he held onto me as if he would fall if he let go.

I mustered up the courage and said, "It will be okay, I've got you."

Because it will be okay, I've got him.

He's got me.

It will be okay.

_

I would find a candy on my bedside table each morning, and a little note that wore the words,

'Your mom and I are off to work, we'll see you later. :) 

-Dad <3'

in a soft, tangerine colored ink.

Each and every morning.

As the years passed, I would tear up the note, or crumble it up, and leave it in a drawer in my parents' room.

When I was in my last year of middle school, my parents both took the day off.

I walked into the kitchen and saw them both on the verge of tears.

I heard my mother choke out the words, "He hid these on purpose, so we'd see how much we've neglected him... Should we talk to him?"

And my father replied with, "No, we should let him be, I'm sure he's fine..."

They both knew he was lying, but they didn't want to ruin the 'Happy Family' look.

They always cared about appearances.

The candies were always orange flavored, and stale.

They tasted like shit.

They cared about me, but they didn't know how to have a real relationship with me, they barely knew me.

They never knew I was best friends with the heir to the leader of the Underworld's throne...

They barely knew me.

They didn't even know how much I hated those disgusting candies.

Maybe that's why I never liked heroes.

Why am I trying to be one?

Because I don't want the closest thing to having a parent be, for any other kid, a disgusting, putrid, orange candy.

_words; 726