12

["Oh, icicles don't soften when they die.

They sharpen into sabers,

And they stab you in the eye."]

_

[IIDA TENYA]

_

I couldn't help but staring at Y/N for the rest of the week. He started sitting with us at lunch again. But you could tell he was super angry at me. 

Yesterday, I dropped my glasses, and he walked by. 

I said, "Y/N, could you get those for me?"

And he stopped walking, looked at my glasses, and kicked them.

He wasn't trying to break them, he just wanted to inconvenience me. 

They slid down the hall.

And he walked away.

_

At lunch, Uraraka was talking about how some of the other girls in class had planned a big sleepover for the whole class in the lounge.

"No thanks, I've got to study for an english assignment." Y/N told her.

"Come on! You do great in that class! Just lay off the work for one night!" She responded.

"It'll be fun!" Midoriya chimed in.

"If it'll get you losers to shut up." Y/N groaned.

Then Y/N got up to throw his trash away.

Uraraka whisper-shouted at me while he was out of ear-shot.

"Iida-kun! We plan on playing some games that'll make it so you and Y/N kiss tonight!"

My face was red.

"Why would you do that? Please don't! I don't want him to feel uncomfortable!" I waved my hands in protest.

"Since Y/N's angry at you, he's probably not interested in the fact you like him! BUT, when you guys were arguing, he did say he'd give you a chance!"

"He said it depended on how I reacted to his story..., I didn't react well."

"But if you're willing to be a better person, and change your mindset, he'd be down to date you!"

"I know...But how do I do that?"

She slammed her hands on the table. I noticed Y/N was no where to be found, so we probably have time to talk before he comes back. "Realize the problem, come to terms with how you're in the wrong, tell him, then work on getting better. Easy-peasy!"

I paused, thinking for a bit. "The problem... is my mentality towards what is good and bad. But in reality, it's not black or white, it's a big puddle of grey."

"Right!"

"And to get better, I'd need to start actively keeping that in mind... Right?"

Uraraka had a big grin on her face. 

Then I heard a voice behind me, "Right." I turned around, it was Y/N.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked hesitantly.

"Since she gave you the step-by-step."

"But you didn't hear what she said before that?"

"Nope. Why? Is there something I should know?" He can be really intimidating sometimes... It gives me chills.

"N-nope!" I felt my face heat up, I covered it with my hands.

"'Kay..." He sat back down, picking up my chopsticks and taking some of my chicken. 

"Hey-!"

"Tenya, if you act on what you just said, the thing about keeping it in mind," I watched as he placed some rice in his mouth. "I'll be cool dating you. But, you need to work on catching your self when you're angry, and keeping a cool head when you feel like doing something impulsive."

"Alright!" I smiled.

"If you keep smiling like that, you're gonna get wrinkles." He had a tiny hint of blush on his face, it was almost invisible.

_

The weird part about Y/N is, well, he's really stoic and hard to read, and because of that... he can say the most crazy things with a straight face.

Just a few minutes ago, he spent about 10 minutes flirting with a desk, because Bakugou sat on it, and Ashido exclaimed, "Get your ass off my desk, you're gonna give it STDs!" (Implying that the person who sat on it is having direct skin-to-skin contact with the desk.)

Y/N loves to make Bakugou mad, because of how similar they are (hot-heads, except Bakugou isn't the juvenile-delinquent type, he's just angry). And because Bakugou quickly understood what Y/N was implying by flirting with Ashido's desk, he started yelling at Y/N.

And because Y/N is Y/N, he started flirting with Bakugou.

Currently, Y/N is staring at me, because Bakugou said, "Go flirt with your boyfriend!" He had pointed to me.

Y/N's actually glaring at me.

Just because I have a game plan on how I'm going to improve, doesn't excuse the fact that I haven't acted on it yet. Which means Y/N still hates my guts. He won't warm up to me again unless I show some improvement. And all I've done so far is... not much.

Anways, Y/N's frightening. He's been glaring at me for the past minute. Which is a long time to be glaring at someone. 

He's not going to storm off because we technically have class (this is end of the day homeroom, but Aizawa-Sensei gave us a free period).

I blushed a bit, because we have been keeping eye contact for a long time. 

His gaze became even more intense. I felt like I was going to combust. He's very intimidating when he's mad.

He had gotten into a bad mood earlier, because someone tripped him in the hall. He's still kind of pissed at me, but his already-angry mood magnified it a bit.

After another thirty seconds of glaring, he turned around and continued talking with Ashido, Kaminari, Kirishima, Sero, and Jirou. Bakugou was snickering because Y/N was glaring at me for what seemed like a decade. 

"Y/N!" Ashido grinned. "Ochako planned a 'sleepover' kind of thing tonight in the lounge! We're all joining! We might have to drag Bakugou kicking and screaming, but he'll be there, too! Are you coming?"

"Maybe, depends on what we do. She told me about it at lunch, but it honestly sounds like she's just trying to set me up with Four-Eyes."

"It'll be fun, Y/N! Please come, we need someone to fend off Bakugou when he gets mad!"

Y/N chuckled, "Alright, only because I wanna see Blasty get angry."

Kaminari and Ashido cheered.

"Quiet down, please." Y/N smiled.

His smile is enchanting.

_

Y/N hasn't been to a party, or sleepover, in so long. You didn't really have those when you were in the detention center. 

He forgot what they were like. 

He's forgotten how fun they are.

He's forgotten the hushed laughter after someone comes in and tells you to quiet down because it's the middle of the night.

He's forgotten how time is irrelevant because you're too focused on having fun.

He's forgotten excitement.

He's forgotten so much.

_words; 1079