15

["Bandaids on your arms.

Your scars they remind me

all that you've been through,

but, you're still here smiling."]

_

TW: PHYSICAL/VERBAL ABUSE, HOMOPHOBIA

_

[IIDA TENYA]

_

It was a quarter to 10. I was sitting in my bedroom at my home.

I skimmed through my text messages. 

Tensei had sent me one a few minutes ago.

'Tenya! Come tell us about your girlfriend!'

I had been thinking of how I would break the news to them all day.

My family had never shown any signs of being homophobic, but it had also never come up. 

And I don't think I have the time to test the waters and hint at it.

I walked downstairs, my family was gathered in the lounge.

"Tensei says you're seeing someone." My mother smiled as I walked in.

"I am, we're not official, but we both share mutual interest in each other." 

"What's her name?"

"Y/N, his name is L/N Y/N."

"Pardon?" My father snapped.

"Can you repeat that for us, Tenya?" My mother smiled, the air grew heavy. Her smile was so forced, it was horrific.

"His name is Y/N."

(TW: PHYSICAL/VERBAL ABUSE, HOMOPHOBIA)

"H-his?"

"Yes."

"No." My mother's eyes widened. "No! We worked too hard for this!" She screamed at me.

My father slammed his hands on the table and turned towards me. "Disgusting...Tenya...You're disgusting... "

"H-huh?" I flinched.

"You're a disgrace..." My brother mumbled.

I couldn't even recover from his words before I felt my father's fist hit my cheek.

I was on the floor, my jaw hurt. I put a hand to my nose, there was blood.

Whatever happened next was a blur. It was all red and loud, but I was in too much pain to be able to focus on what was being said.

Then it all stopped.

"Go pack your things." My mother was standing above me, next to my father. "If you are still here in the morning, we will do something regrettable."

My eyes widened. I shook with fear. I was trembling as I got to my feet and made my way to the stairs.

I walked slowly, still in shock.

I pulled out a few suitcases and packed as much as I could.

I finished packing shortly. I pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of my bag.