01

Tsukishima Kei's POV

I've seen her in our class. She was the one who sat in the middle of the room and was always sleeping but never caught. It always baffled me how she could get away with it. It wasn't like she was that tiny to even be unnoticeable. From the current information I had, she was about as tall as Suga-san.

Other than not being caught, another thing I'm curious about is why she's always asleep. It wasn't really uncommon to see a sleeping student but she was the type to do it thrice a week on each subject. I never knew why, but now I might have a clue.

A few days ago, the captain of the girl's volleyball team talked to Daichi-san and suggested a practice match against the two teams. At first, it seemed like the captain was on the fence about it but his mind was changed when Michimiya-san talked about their new setter.

Who would've thought their new setter was the one in my class.

"Her name is [Full Name]," Yamaguchi said. "I know her because she's in class with us."

'So that's her name, huh?'

"Michimiya talked about how she had been a really strong part of the team lately," Daichi-san said.

"Have you seen her play before, Daichi?" Suga-san asked.

"Not really. But something tells me she's like someone we've had the chance to play against."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Captain!" [Surname] said, setting up the ball to Michimiya-san.

"Osu!"

The captain of the volleyball team hit the ball, getting past the blocks and landing on the court.

"Nice kill, Michimiya-san!"

I clicked my tongue, annoyed at how they keep racking up points. Right now, they were leading only by a point.

According to Daichi-san the skills of the volleyball team last year were also average like the boys. This meant that both teams and growing from the same point. However, it seemed like the girl's team is at a faster pace because of a certain someone.

"Nice serve Aihara-san!"

The ace of the girl's team was the one serving again. This time though, she made a net violation, giving us a free point.

"Sorry!" she said.

"It's okay!"

Because of that, it was now Daichi-san serving. Once the ball went past the net, their number 7, probably their libero, received the ball. It was headed towards [Surname] who then set it to their number 3.

It was received by Daichi-san which was then set by King to Tanaka-san.

"Alright!" Tanaka-san said as he spiked the ball.

"One touch!" [Surname] shouted after the ball touched her fingertips when she tried to block.

"Alright!" said their number 7 who once again received the ball.