05

Tsukishima Kei's POV

I wasn't concerned with her well-being. I was just curious.

It's not an unusual thing to be curious about where she was when she's always been around us during the past few weeks.

Usually, she'd arrive some time after I do. She'd start annoying me by then and I'd shut her up by asking Yamaguchi to come near.

Today though, she didn't arrive. It was already the second period and the teacher was grouping us for a class presentation we were gonna do tomorrow.

It wasn't really my business to mind where she was so I decided not to think about it anymore.

"Tsukishima," the teacher said. "Since your group lacks one more person, you'll get [Surname]."

Okay. Now it's my business to know what's up with her.

'[Surname], where in hell are you?'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"How is she gonna work the presentation with us if she doesn't know?" Yamaguchi asked.

It was lunchtime. Yamaguchi and I started talking about our presentation for tomorrow. He and I were part of the group along with [Surname] and two other people.

The two other people were of no use whatsoever. One of them didn't even care about the preparation and just told us he'll handle the presenting part. As if I'd let him after he decided he'd slack off the first part. The other one, on the other hand, wanted to help but seemed clueless at everything. Honestly, it shocked me she was even in the same class as us seeing how the class depends on our grades.

"Do you have her number, Tsukki?"

I clicked my tongue. I never asked for her number because I told her I didn't want to talk about her crush problems after classes.

"No, I don't."

"Then, how do we notify her? Do you know any of her social media?" Yamaguchi asked.

"Probably [Full Name]. If that doesn't work, try Volleyball Idiot."

"I can't check until later," he said.

The door slid open slowly with someone walking in once the space was enough.

I raised my eyebrow as I watched a pale [Surname] walk in. She had her bag over her shoulder and her uniform had little creases.

"[Surname]-chan!" Yamaguchi shouted as soon as he realized it was her.

She flinched once she heard her name come from him.

"Y-Yamaguchi-kun. Hi?"

I rolled my eyes at her pathetic attempt of a greeting. She was obviously flustered and shocked by what happened.

"You look like shit," I said.

"Geez, I know that," she said, glaring at me.

"Place your bag on your seat and get back here immediately. We need to talk about something."

"Something?" she repeated.