16

Tsukishima Kei's POV

I absolutely hated this. I wanted to back out as soon as I agreed, but I knew they'd keep pestering me until I agree again.

This, however, really wanted me to take back my agreement on helping them. As I read Hinata's answer, I wanted to crumple it, burn it, and walk away from the locker room.

Question six: Please insert the correct word or phrase that goes in the parentheses to correctly complete the idiom. This idiom expresses that even ruthless people can show compassion or even cry at times.

Even ogres can be moved to (an iron club)

"Ow, my eyes!" Yamaguchi said.

"Hey, how could you do that to the ogre?" Kageyama said.

"You're thinking of another idiom," I said as I held the paper in my hands. "Did you not read the explanation?"

"Oh, shut up," Hinata said.

"You probably saw the word ogre, didn't read the entire question, and just wrote the first thing that came to mind."

Hinata gritted his teeth as I kept talking.

"You really are a simpleton," I said.

"Yeah. You need to calm down. You're too careless," King said with his arms crossed.

"Why do you guys have to keep going?!" Hinata shouted.

I slammed my hand on the paper and faced the other first-year who was failing as well.

"You're one to talk, Kageyama. Honestly, you're probably worse off than Hinata," I said. I crossed my arms and continued to talk. "You need to memorize English vocab words on your own."

"Japanese people can't understand English!"

"Then give up on going to Tokyo."

"Kageyama," Daichi-san said.

The captain started doing the hand signs that we were using during games. King kept saying what the signs meant without fail, making the rest of us deadpan with how quick he is with volleyball yet slow with English.

"How long did it take you to memorize those?" Daichi-san asked with a smile.

"I think less than a day?"

"Which is exactly why I'm not going to let you say you can't memorize those words," said our captain.

"I-I'm not gonna lose to Kageyama!" Hinata shouted before sitting back down.

"Hinata, you were probably thinking of oni ni kanabo— which means let an ogre get an iron club earlier— while answering," [Surname] said with a soft voice as she took the paper I read from earlier. She sat closer to the shrimp as she started to point out things while talking to him.

When she had heard of the situation with the two, [Surname] offered to help as well. She, of course, would only enter the locker room once everyone is fully dressed.