09

Tsukishima Kei's POV

"Looks like Hinata's nervous again," Yamaguchi said.

"What an idiot," I said, looking at the shrimp.

Hinata was currently shaking from the nervousness he felt. It wasn't new to the team, but still. Him being nervous reminded me of a certain [h/c]-haired girl who might be shaking as well right now. The girls' team were also playing in the same venue from what I've heard.

"Tsukki, look!"

I turned my head to where Yamaguchi was pointing and saw [Surname] who was jogging towards us. She was already in her black jersey that had the number six on it in white print.

"Hey guys! I wanted to drop by quickly to wish you good luck and- oh! Hinata! Are you okay?!" [Surname] said, approaching the shrimp as soon as she saw him shaking.

"I-I'm fine!" Hinata said, obviously lying.

"H-Hinata! B-Breathe! Stop shaking!" [Surname] said as she placed her hand on his shoulders.

"I-I'm not shaking!"

"You are! D-Don't panic! There's nothing to worry about!"

I didn't know whether or not I should snicker or look disappointed at what I was seeing right now. I knew [Surname] and the shrimp got along well because of their common obssessi- I mean- common love towards volleyball. But, never did I ever imagine I'd see them both act like idiots panicking over the end of the world.

"Don't worry [Surname]-chan! As your capable senpais, we'll handle him!" Tanaka-san said.

"O-Okay!"

[Surname] then stood up and faced the team to bid them good luck.

"Yamaguchi-kun! Good luck to you too!"

"I don't even know if I'll get to play today," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Still! Good luck to you!"

She faced me as well and gave me a smile as she said, "You too, Tsukki! Good luck!"

[Surname] looked at her wrist and said, "Oh! Look at the time! I have to go back to my team now! Bye!"

Yamaguchi and I watched as she started to jog away.

"She knows she didn't have a watch, right?" Yamaguchi asked.

'She's also heading to a different direction from where she came which only meant one thing.'

She wasn't heading back to her team just yet.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

I looked around as I tried to catch a glimpse of where she was. It wasn't really something I wanted to do but since we had about half an hour left before the first match, I decided to spend it walking around. I'd rather do that than watch Hinata become a nervous wreck again and rush to the comfort room.

I clicked my tongue as I looked out the windows. When I saw someone with a number six on her back sitting on one of the indoor benches, I decided to approach her.