43

Tsukishima Kei's POV

"Damn it," I said, bringing out my phone.

For the last few minutes, an unknown number had been calling me over and over. At first, I thought it was only a wrong dialed number, so I chose to ignore it. But then, it started calling over and over.

I would've confronted it by now, but I was in class and I'd rather not call the attention upon me just so I can confront someone I might not even know.

'Am I the one they actually wanna call or do they just think the number they dialed is right but no one is answering?'

I sighed.

Before I could put away my phone, I received a text message.

To: [Kei's Number]
From: Unknown Number

Tsukishima-san! This is Hayato! Something happened with [Surname]-san!

Once I read the message, my eyes widened. I stood up from my seat and excused myself before running to the door and calling Hayato back.

Calling.... Ringing...

Unknown Number

Call accepted

Tsukishima-san!
Thank kami-sama
you finally answered!

Hayato! What happened?

I was by the cashier
when it happened.
While they were
baking, I suddenly
heard someone scream
[Surname]'s name
from inside the kitchen.
I ran to the kitchen
after that and only
saw her on her
wheelchair with her
head hanging low.

Where is she now?!

I rushed her to Sendai
Hospital. I already
called her parents
through her phone
but before I could
call you, her credits
for calling got used up.

Please continue to
update me about
her condition.

I will.

Call ended

I bit my lip as I took in what I just heard. I was about to rush back to my class and grab my things so I can go to her right now. But then, I suddenly remembered what she asked me before.

"Kei. Next time, don't leave your class and rush to the hospital just because I got sent to it," [Name] said while sitting in her wheelchair.

It was the day her legs got weaker again. This time, she didn't faint. But since her legs were hurting too much then suddenly started to numb, she was rushed to the hospital.

"You can't expect me not to worry," I said.

"Please. If ever, I don't want my suffering to be the last living memory you have of me."