20

[Full Name]'s POV

"Shit," I said as I sat up from my futon, clutching my shirt.

There are things that you are required to do every day like eating, drinking, sleeping. For some people, there are more things required to do so their day would continue like a normal one. One of the things I'm required to do is take my prescribed medicine. Here's the thing though, I forgot to bring enough.

I realized that yesterday while we were on the way to Shinzen High for the week-long training camp. While everyone else was asleep, I went through my bag and looked for one of my bottles to drink one. That was when I realized that the amount I grabbed wasn't enough.

It wasn't mostly my fault though. It was only recently when I was required to drink more than usual and I wasn't that well accustomed yet to my new routine.

Okay. I was making excuses, I know.

'I'm in big trouble.'

I haven't told my parents yet because I knew they'd scold me if they find out. Besides, it was only a week. I'd just have to hold it for a week and then everything would be fine.

"Yeah," I muttered to myself. "Everything would be fine."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"[Surname]-chan!"

"Oh? Ya-chan!" I said, smiling at the blonde who was running towards me.

"Where did you go?" she asked.

"I just went to the bathroom. Is there something we need to do?"

"Yeah! We're going to bring the watermelons the Shinzen parents gave us to the teams."

"Okay," I said. "Let's get them now, shall we?"

The two of us started walking towards the canteen and grabbed one of the plated that had the sliced watermelons. We headed to the gym and gave them to the teams and urged them to take a break for a moment.

Yachi and I stood near the wall and the trash bag for the watermelon rind. I turned my head as I heard Yachi ask Tsukki if eating only one slice was enough for him. Even after the short conversation, I still looked at him as he walked away. I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was bothering him.

"Ya-chan," I said, catching the attention of our newest manager.

"What is it, [Surname]-chan?"

"Can I leave the remaining watermelon slices on this plate with you?"

"Sure! But why?"

"I'm just gonna drop some solution to my contacts. I think they're drying up," I said.

"Oh, okay!" Yachi said, smiling at me.

'Awww, she's so cute. I wanna pinch her cheeks. Wait, no. Control yourself, [Name]. Let's check up on Tsukki first.'

I started walking towards where Tsukki went to until I heard someone call my name. Turning around, I was suddenly faced with the captain of the Nekoma team.

"Kuroo-san, is there something you need?" I asked.

"How's your blocking?" Kuroo-san asked.

"My blocking?"

"I was just wondering if you could join us in practicing later after training. I know you said you stopped playing but I kinda get the feeling that you still want to play."

"Oh?" I blinked a couple of times at him before replying. "I'd love to. Just tell me where, okay?"

"Yosh! Thank you [Surname]-chan! I would've asked your megane teammate but I don't think he'll be willing to especially after last time," he said, grinning with his hand on his nape.

"Wait, what happened with Tsukki?"

"Oh, I just teased him a little. I wanted to provoke him to push him to try better but I think I just ended up pushing his buttons."

"Oh, that must be it."

Once I knew Tsukki's problem was volleyball related, I decided not to follow him anymore. From what I knew, the only conflict he had with volleyball was the fact that he didn't understand why people took it so seriously. When he and I talked about it, I told him I wasn't going to confront him about it so I won't. Still, I worried. It was never good for someone to be too preoccupied with thinking about something.

I still went to the room though to grab my contact solution because they were actually drying up.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

I turned my head and looked at Hinata who was making his way towards Yamaguchi-kun. I stood far from them but I could still hear what they were saying.

"What's Tsukishima's problem?" Hinata asked with a pout. "The ace from Fukurodani invited him to practice and he declined? That's unbelievable!"

"You know, Hinata.." Yamaguchi-kun started. "What would you say to Tsukki right now?"

"Huh?"

"I mean..," Yamaguchi-kun said. "Like you did with Kageyama and Yachi-san."

"I wouldn't say anything." Hinata said.

Yamaguchi-kun flinched in surprise. He was probably expecting everything else except that.

"Well, I can't tell if Tsukishima even wants to play volleyball. There's no point in trying to get a guy to play if he doesn't want to," Hinata continued. "Damn it! And he's so tall, too! If I was that tall, I'd do this and that..."

I giggled as I watched Hinata make hand gestures such as hitting an imaginary ball.

"Tsukki doesn't hate volleyball, I don't think. If he did, he wouldn't have to come to Karasuno."

"What about you Yamaguchi?" Hinata asked. "What would you say to Tsukishima?"

I remember telling Tsukki that I'd let someone else call him out about volleyball. Maybe, and I hope I'm right, it will be Yamaguchi-kun.

●○●○●○ Next Day ●○●○●○

A day has passed since Yamaguchi-kun asked Hinata about what he should say to Tsukki. Nothing has happened since then. Tsukki still looked like he was bothered while Yamaguchi-kun still hasn't talked to him about it.

"It's so hard to not be able to say anything," I said with a sigh. "Well, at least I get to play volleyball again for a little right now."

I was walking to the gym that Kuroo-san said they'd be practicing at. While walking though, I happened to stumble upon two people who were having a conversation and by two people- I meant Tsukki and Yamaguchi-kun- and by a conversation- I meant the two of them shouting at each other.

I decided to hide behind one of the walls as they settled whatever they were fighting on.

"To think this day would come.." I heard Tsukki say. "When did you become so cool?"

I smiled as I heard him say that.

'You did it Yamaguchi-kun. Now all that's left for Tsukki is to fall in love with volleyball.'