ix. BASIC

CHAPTER NINE:

BASIC

"𝐈 𝐤-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜!"

"𝐈 𝐤-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜!"

"WE NEED TO MAKE WILL SLEEP," Mike says holding up a syringe

"What?" A distraught Joyce asks

"He's a s-spy. If he k-knows where w-we are, so d-does the shadow monster," Brooklyn says backing up Mike

"She's lying!" Will yells

"He killed those s-soldiers. He'll k-kill us, too!" Brooklyn yells

"She's lying! She's lying! She's lying! She's lying! She's lying!" Wills screams being held down by Bob and Joyce. 

"Those are gunshots!" Bob says nervously

Will continues to accuse Brooklyn of lying until Joyce screams "Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am? Do you know who I am?" 

"You're... You're... You're Mom," Will answers 

Everyone knew in that moment, that wasn't Will. "Hold him down," Joyce orders Bob who starts to hold him down.

"No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go! No, let me go!" Will screams as Joyce grabs the syringe from Mike and putting it into Will's arm.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," 

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" Will screams

Mike covers his ears in stress as Brooklyn lowers her hat down to cover her eyes

"No! let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" Wills screams started to get quieter as the medicine immediately kicked in, putting the boy to sleep in Joyces arms. Suddenly the door burst open and Hopper walks in with Doctor Owens, staring at all of them confused about what happened but he has no time to ask questions since the creatures are busting down the door behind him. "We gotta go. We gotta go," Hopper says grabbing Will and throwing him over his shoulder. They run out of the room walking down a different hallway until they were surrounded and they had to go into a random room in the hallway. Hopper places Will down on the table in the room as Dr. Owens shuts and locks the door behind them.