xxii. THE BITE

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

THE BITE

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞,"

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞,"

BROOKLYN SQUINTED HER EYES AS A BRIGHT LIGHT SHINED AT HER FACE. "Shit she's waking up guys," A voice that sounded like Lucas said

"Oh thank god," A relieved Max says

Brooklyn opens her eyes to see everyone surrounding her with weapons. Brooklyn jolts back in fear as everyone lowers their weapons.

"Come on you need to get up, you weren't out for long. The Mindflayer is coming-"

Jonathan gets cut off as one of the Mind Flayers tentacles come flying through the roof of the cabin.

The group screams dodging the arm but Brooklyn grabbed Max's arm and pulled her to the ground. As soon as the arm retracted Max helped Brooklyn up as they ran to the corner of the room where everyone was.

The arm came bursting in the room again as Jonathan hacked it with his axe a few times. The axe fumbles as Nancy shoots at the tentacle with her shotgun. As soon as her gun runs out of ammo she gets cornered until El sticks out her arm and slowly retracts the tentacle away from Nancy and she rips off the end of the tentacle.

"Oh shit," Max sighs as the arm leaves the cabin.

The entire time Brooklyn still felt the pain that the Mind Flayer felt but it wasn't as extreme, there must still be some of the Mind Flayer left in her.

They barely had time to take a breath before 2 more of the tentacles came flying into the cabin, El quickly stopping them in the air.

Holding them in the air for a bit, El finally builds up the strength to rip both the claws off the tentacles.

Brooklyn let out a groan as soon as the claws got ripped off making Max concerned.

"You okay babe?" Max says while wrapping her arms around Brooklyn's waist

Brooklyn shakes her head "Yea I'm f-fine," the girl lies

Max doesn't believe her but she doesn't have time to question when another tentacle came flying through the roof and grabbing El's leg and pulling her up.

Mike was quick to react as he lunged towards the girl and pulling her back in. Quickly everyone ran over trying to keep the girl inside.