xii. THE TUNNELS

CHAPTER TWELVE:

 THE TUNNELS

"𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐙𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫."

THROBBING AND ACHING PAIN was all the young Ace felt as she tried to open her eyes. The first thing she saw was a very blurry Mike Wheeler. "Mike?" The girl whines as she smiles down at the girl. Brooklyn was cradled in Mike's lap while Dustin sat on the other side of the car with Steve sprawled out across the backseat.

Brooklyn tries to sit up more but Mike pushes her back down, "Just relax Brookie, just relax," 

Brooklyn would like to relax but she was in agony. The pain was appalling and Brooklyn wanted nothing more for then her pain to go away. 

Max was driving her brother's car while Lucas gave her directions. Max felt extremely guilty for his brother knocking out Steve and Brooklyn. It wasn't their fault for what happened and they didn't deserve the pain they were being put through, especially Brooklyn. When Max watched Brooklyn fight for the kids against her brother, which Brooklyn damn well knew that she wouldn't win the fight, it made Max realize something. She was so gay for Brooklyn. Max always denied her feelings for the girl, pushing them away every chance she got. But after watching Brooklyn fight, she couldn't help her feelings, they were just too strong. Max Mayfield was gay for Brooklyn Ace.

Brooklyn groans in pain, hiding her face in Mike's chest. He wraps his arms around the girl tighter, feeling horrible for the pain the girl must be feeling. "I know I'm sorry," Mike says while hugging the girl.