xviii. THE SAUNA TEST

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

THE SAUNA TEST

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲,"

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲,"

IT WAS COLD ONCE AGAIN, Brooklyn felt shivers course through her body as she opened her eyes. She was back in the empty warehouse basement where she was taken by Billy. Brooklyn started to walk around the cold and eerie room looking at everything. Her heart was beating so loud that she thought anyone in the room could hear it. Thunder and lightning struck with the rain lighting up the basement slightly making Brooklyn jump. The girl realized that she had to get out of there so she starts to walk to the stairs until she hears the door from the top of the stairs slam open. Her eyes widen as she runs to hide behind the stairs. Coming down the stairs is Billy, carrying two older people on his shoulders with a girl following behind him. Brooklyn takes a closer look at the girl to recognize her as Heather, the lifeguard who they recently visited.

Billy drops the older people on the ground and he starts to tie them to a pipe that is going through the basement, Heather starts to help him do so. Brooklyn looks closer at the two older people and she realizes that those are Heather's parents that she also met earlier during the night. Brooklyn's heart drops knowing what they are about to go through and how horrible it was. Luckily she got away before the monster could do any serious damage to her.

Heather and Billy gave each other a look after tying up her parents as they both started to walk to the darker spot of the room where the monster originally was, leaving her parents tied up. Brooklyn wanted to run over to the parents and set them free but she couldn't risk herself getting caught by Billy and having the monster's tentacle shoved down her throat again so Brooklyn just stayed put behind the stairs.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, the dad who's name is Tom starts to wake up. When he realizes where he is, he starts to shake around and scream but his voice was pushed back down his throat by the cloth that was tied around his head. His wife Janet wakes up right after him as she does the same thing as him. When the couple looks at each other, they both whimper in relief that they were together.

Brooklyn's eyes water at the sight of the two struggling to get free, her heart was breaking since she knew what it was like to be in that position. Brooklyn gets ready to go let the couple loose until she hears footsteps walking towards the couple making Brooklyn sit back down behind the stairs.

Billy and Heather both walk up to Tom and Janet with dead faces.

"Hi Daddy," Heather says in a monotone voice while walking in front of her Dad.