xxiii. THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT MALL

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT MALL

"𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞"

THE CAR SKIDDS INTO THE MALL PARKING LOT AS NANCY TURNS THE CAR OFF, Brooklyn let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. Quickly everyone jumps out of the car and the 3 in the trunk wait for someone to open the door before they got out. Brooklyn could barely walk herself but she helped Mike walk El into the mall. When they walk in, El quickly leaves Mike and Brooklyn side as she walks to the rail of the balcony looking down. She reaches her arm out, causing a car alarm to go off. 

Brooklyn being curious, walks over to the rail with El and she notices 3 grown men holding pistols, slowly walking towards a food stand. Brooklyn immediately notices a hat hiding behind the counter and she knew it was Dustin. Her heart drops realizing that those people could kill him at any moment. 

When the people with guns heard the car alarm, they slowly started walking towards the car, confused. They point their guns at the car with confused looks on their faces until El lifts up her arm sending the car flying into them, crushing the soul out of their bodies. 

After the car went flying, slowly, Steve, Dustin, Erica, and Robin peak their heads from behind the counter. Brooklyn's face is full of relief seeing that her friends were okay. She was confused about why Lucas's little sister was there though.

Quickly, the group runs down the mall stairs going to meet up with the smaller group. Dustin tackles Mike and El into a hug while Brooklyn limps over to Steve and Robin who are major figures in her life. Brooklyn pulls the two into a hug as they wrap their arms around the smaller girl. 

"Fuck, thank God you are okay," Robin says planting a kiss on the girls head

"I'm fine h-how are you guys? Steve, you look l-like shit," Brooklyn laughs as the boy pulls away from the hug