xvi. FLAYED

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:

FLAYED

"𝙃𝙤𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙡𝙮𝙣, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪?"

IT WAS COLD. Everything Brooklyn felt at the time was cold and dark. She also felt like she was moving. When she opened her eyes, she realized she was in a car. She tried to speak but something was in her mouth, she lifted her hands to remove the cloth from her mouth but her hands were tied together and so were her feet. She looked around the car and in the driver's seat was a very angry Billy. Brooklyn's eyes widen at the sight of him. Brooklyn starts to look around the car some more and she noticed an older girl next to her, also tied up but she was knocked out. Brooklyn starts to whimper, thinking Billy was finally getting payback on the girl from what happened earlier in the year but she was confused about why this other girl was here, with the same conditions she had. She continued to whimper, she was in so much pain. Billy looks in the mirror and he notices that Brooklyn was awake and squirming around.

"Shut up Ace!" Billy screams smacking his steering wheel. Brooklyn looked at his eyes through the mirror and she noticed how dead he looked, it was like he was a zombie. Brooklyn took the hint to go quiet after his freak out but that doesn't mean she wasn't internally freaking out. 

The young Ace wished that she accepted the ride from Robin or Steve instead of being so petty, she wanted nothing more than to go back in time. Brooklyn looked down at her body and she noticed that some of her Scoops Ahoy uniform was ripped and there was blood seeping through. The pain she was feeling reminded her of all the times she has fallen off her skateboard and skid across the road. Then it all hit her.

Billy hit her with his car

The car comes to a sudden stop causing Brooklyn to almost roll off the car seat. He angrily gets out of the car and he grabs the mysterious girl and he throws her over his shoulder. Then he makes his way over to Brooklyn and he grabs her and throws her over his other shoulder. The force and strength he used didn't feel human, it felt like there was some type of monster taking over his body and giving him superhuman strength.