Crush crush

Anne PoV: we were finally 16. Kitty was in school with us now after mom changed her schools because of that creepy teacher and she was now closer than ever to Anna. I still had yet to talk to Cathy about how I feel. I'm too scared to say it. We're having a sleepover. Honestly I can't wait. Just me and my best friend in the whole world. I smile as I plop down on her bed and look at Cathy. She was just so so beautiful.
"Hey. Wanna play truth or dare?" She says and I nod, sitting up.
"Okay Bobo. Truth or dare"
"Dare. Dare all the way curls" I say and she grins, holding up a bag of marshmallows.
"I dare you to see how many of these you can fit in your mouth" she says and I laugh, starting to stuff them in my mouth. I get to 12 before I choke and Cathy helps me get the mess of marshmallows out of my mouth and we both start laughing.
"Truth or dare Cathy?"
"Truth!" I say and grin.
"Tell me about your crush" I say and I feel my face heat up.
"Ummm...she..." She trails off and looks up smiling.
"She?" I say and she nods.
"Yeah. She's really nice to me...she's always smiling...she...she's really good at art" Cathy continues and I nod.
"Cute! So what's her name?"
"Uh...it's Tori. Who sits behind us" she says and I feel a pang of disappointment. She didn't like me that way.

A few hours later

Cathy PoV: why did I have to lie?! I lay awake watching Anne sleep and sigh. Now I'd have to fake feelings for Tori. I sigh and walk upstairs to get some water and see my mom sitting at the table.
"Mom? It's two am what are you doing up?"
"Extremely difficult case. Murder" she says with a yawn.
"Sounds super tough" I say and she nods.
"Yeah. So what are you doing up?"
"I can't sleep. Mom? Can I admit something?"
"Sure hon. What's up?"
"I have a crush on Anne but I'm too scared to tell her" I say, sipping the water and she smiles.
"I knew you did. Ever since you were thirteen you've been all heart eyes for her" she says as Anna comes downstairs texting.
"Anna there better be a good reason you're still on your phone" mom says and Anna nods.
"Kitty text. She's upset and Jane's at work and I told her that I'd keep in touch with her in case  she needed anything"
"Her being which one of them?" I say and Anna shrugs.
"Both really. Hey mom is it okay If Kitty comes over? She doesn't feel safe being alone" she says and mom nods.
"Of course! I'll give Jane a call. Meanwhile you lot get to bed" she says. Anna sends a text and Kitty shows up at the door 2 minutes later. I give her a nod and head back to my room, seeing Anne wide awake and looking at her phone.
"Hey what you up to?" I ask and she jumps.
"Oh. I...I'm just reminiscing" she says, turning it around to show a photo of us when we used to play that fantasy game with Anna and Kitty.
"Aww I remember that game! Back when things were easier huh?"
"Yeah. I miss that" she says, putting her phone down and smiling tiredly.
"Let's go to sleep I guess" I say, sitting on my bed 
"Yeah good idea" Anne says, laying down and yawning.

A few days later

I'd talked to Tori and she'd admitted to liking me. So now there was some complications. smiling She'd asked me to be her girlfriend and I was too nice to turn her down and it just made me feel worse.