14

~Luke's POV~

I was quickly coming to the conclusion that I must've been a fucking idiot. That was the only explanation for how I'd been able to do that to Beyla, for how I'd been able to say those things to her. What the fuck was I thinking?

Feeling like a complete moron, I leaned back in my desk chair and anxiously ran a hand through my curls. "Fuck!" I scowled, slamming my fist down on the top of my desk. I inhaled deeply and tried my best to get ahold of myself, knowing that she'd be coming up here for me when she finished making breakfast. I stared up at the ceiling in thought, a hard frown on my face. My stomach churned uncomfortably and I let out a heavy sigh, wondering why I had done those things. I'd been mad, sure, but even I knew that none of that was done out of anger. All it had taken was a split second and I let my attraction to her get the best of me.

However, it couldn't happen again. It wouldn't happen again. After all, I'm her boss and already have Kira. "My girlfriend." I mumbled to myself, feeling like I needed to be reminded of that.

My teeth clamped tightly onto my bottom lip as I recalled Beyla's sweet face, her big brown eyes and those full lips that tempted me. Yet nothing had tempted me so much before as when I saw her in that tiny little maid's uniform, which I actually hadn't gotten for her. Beyla would never know this, but I had gotten it for Kira to wear. Somehow, the dress had ended up in Beyla's bedroom and not mine, though I wasn't sure how. Maybe Adelaine, my assistant, had put it in the wrong room when she brought it over this morning.

I was surprised that it had even fit Beyla, but I couldn't lie and say that I hadn't appreciated seeing her curvy figure clad in such a scanty little dress. With the curves that Beyla had, that dress had left just enough to the imagination to make me want to take it off her. Her large breasts had been spilling out of the neckline and it was so tight on her that it perfectly displayed how large of an ass she had, which was not news to me by now. My body warmed at the memory of how good she'd looked, of how soft the skin of her thighs had been.

Even though I knew it was inappropriate, I couldn't help how attracted to her I was. Now I couldn't forget the way she'd looked up at me when I had my hands on her, or the way her body had reacted to having me so close to her. What really drove me insane was how goddamn sweet and sexy she had sounded when she moaned, even if it had been accidental. There was no going back now and I knew it.

All of the sudden, there was a little knock on my office door and my head snapped up as I was pulled from my thoughts, watching the door swing open about halfway. Like I expected, Ms. Verdine came walking in with a plate in her hands, now changed out of that far too tempting maid outfit and into something else. My shoulders sagged with relief and I watched her approach me, unable to not notice the way that her wide hips naturally swayed. I eyed her hips and thighs as she walked, my gaze drifting up to her large chest and then higher, stopping on her full lips.

Ms. Verdine surprised me by giving me a sweet smile as she rounded my desk and stood beside me, plate held in her hands still. She was acting as if nothing had happened, or at least trying to. Then again, I had done the same thing and I had planned to continue to do so. For some reason, though, I didn't like to see her so casually comfortable after what happened, so that plan quickly got tossed out the window. "I see you've changed." I mentioned casually, playing it cool.

Her doe eyes flickered over to me and she nodded her head, trying to be subtle about the way she gripped the plate tighter. "Yes, sir." She said, the soft sound of her voice making my pants slowly grow tighter around my crotch. I scooted my chair in under my desk more, looking up at her as I prayed she didn't notice that I was becoming aroused. "Good. I'm sure you won't make the mistake of wearing something like that around me again..." I trailed off, meeting her gaze as I cocked up a brow. "Will you, bambi?" I hummed.

Just like that, Ms. Verdine lost her cool demeanor and quickly looked away, clearly embarrassed. Maybe it was a bit rude of me, but I couldn't help but to grin slightly, keeping my hips under the desk as I leaned my torso towards her more. "What's the matter? Are you still feeling overwhelmed, Ms. Verdine?" I asked, causing her to quickly and unconvincingly shake her head. "N-No! I'm fine, sir. Just...a little tired." She said weakly, looking down at the plate of food in her grasp. She was certainly trying to pretend nothing happened, I'd give her that.

"Tired, hm?" I murmured, unimpressed with the lie. Still, I entertained it. "Maybe you should get to work, then. Might wake you up some." I suggested, peering at her pretty face. I leaned away from her and gestured for her to put the plate down, realizing how hungry I was.

Ms. Verdine leaned past me just a little, having to stretch her arms to reach the cleared space I had made for the plate. And I, ever the pervert as of late, looked back at her ass while relaxing back in my chair, long enough to have the memory in my head but not long enough to get caught. When she stepped away, I found myself wishing she would come back, missing her sweet chocolate scent and the warmth that radiated from her.

"Would you like anything to drink?" She asked like she always did, and I shook my head like I always did. "That's fine. Thank you, Ms. Verdine." I said professionally, dismissing her with a wave of my hand. Ms. Verdine gently nodded her head and spun around, starting towards the door to leave. But I couldn't just let her leave like that, not quite yet.

"Beyla?" I called, immediately making her stop and root herself in her spot. It was obvious my use of her first name had caught her off guard, which made sense considering I never called her by her first name. "Yes, Mr. Hemmings?" She asked softly, that gentle voice making me pause. She hadn't turned around yet and I wished she would, just so I could see her face once again before she left. The words I had prepared myself to say lingered in the back of my mind, my mouth going dry. All I had to do was say them. It wasn't that hard.

"About what happened earlier," I barely managed to get the words out, staring intently at the back of her head. "Just don't give it too much thought." I said, frowning as I watched her tightly grasp onto the doorknob. It almost felt wrong to say what I did next, but I managed to get the words somehow. "I didn't mean anything by it. I just figured I should set things straight, so you don't accidentally get the wrong idea." I ground out, still staring at the back of her head in hopes that she'd turn around, but she didn't. In fact, she didn't even respond at all.

Instead, Ms. Verdine just flung open the door and left, letting the door swing shut behind her.