17

~Beyla's POV~

Stumbling after Mr. Hemmings in my heels, I felt how tight his grip was as he grabbed my wrist and tugged me along. His touch was warm on my skin, making my whole body feel more relaxed.

"Mr. Hemmings?" I called to him in confusion, wondering where we were going and why he seemed to be in such a rush. Unsurprisingly, I was completely ignored. I frowned and decided to try again, following him through the crowd on more steady feet. "Sir?" I called again, furrowing my brows.

He glanced over his shoulder at me and I nearly froze at the way that he looked at me, flames burning in his blue eyes. It was beyond obvious that he was pissed off, but I had no idea what about. As far as I knew, I had done nothing wrong. "Come here." He huffed, tugging me by the hold he had on my wrist until I was forced to walk in front of him instead of rush behind him to keep up. I opened my mouth to ask him where we were going and what was wrong, but he swiftly shushed me before I could get even one word out.

"Just shut your mouth and keep on walking, Beyla." He murmured, gently placing his hand on the bottom of my back, his warmth felt through the fabric of my dress.

Not wanting to make him even angrier, I kept quiet and let him guide me through the room, heading towards wherever he wanted to. We got through the packed crowd of people and he led me into a room off out of everyone else's sight, letting me go in first. I heard the door shut as he followed me into the dark room and then a locking sound followed, causing me to frown. The light flicked on and I saw we were in a tiny closet, turning around to face him to see if he'd finally tell me what it was that had him in a bad mood.

The second I turned around, he was on me.

One moment I was just standing there and the next I was hoisted up with my back against the wall, a pair of large hands squeezing my even larger thighs. I let out a yelp of alarm and looked up at him, trying to push him away. "Mr. Hemmings? This is inappropriate!" I exclaimed in a panic, feeling his hips nustle themselves between my thighs. He was holding me in such a way that I was absolutely positive that my panties were being flashed, not that he cared at all.

"Inappropriate?" He growled, anger and frustration in his voice as he ducked his head down. My body reacted when his lips brushed my ear and he gently blew warm air over my skin, making me shiver as goosebumps rose all over. "What's inappropriate is that you were just letting my friend flirt with you!" He huffed like a kid, biting my earlobe and nibbling it.

Suddenly, it all made sense to me. He had been jealous.

I quickly found myself growing angry at him and scowled, wondering how it was that he had so much nerve. "Put me down." I said in an annoyed tone, pushing his face away from me. Still, he either didn't get the message or he simply didn't care because he just ignored me. "What's wrong, huh? Innocent little bambi seems pissed." He cooed, grinning like an idiot. I glared up at him and pushed his chest, trying to pull my legs away so I could stand. "You have no right to be doing this." I snapped at him, making his lips twitch up a bit. He was amused.

"This?" He echoed, pretending to be clueless. "I don't know what you mean." He hummed with a casual shrug. I could feel my blood beginning to boil and tried my absolute best to get my anger under control, not wanting to go off at him too much since he was still my boss. "You have a beautiful girlfriend and yet you're getting jealous over your friend talking to me. That's what I mean." I said sharply, causing him to freeze.

The hold he had on my thighs loosened until my feet returned safely to the floor and I pressed myself into the wall as much as I could, knowing we needed to keep our distance. "You really think I don't know about the fact that I have an amazing girlfriend?" He snorted, rolling his eyes at me as he shook his head. When he looked down at me, he met my gaze and took a step closer. "I can't decide if I think it's funnier that you think I'd forget that or that you think I would get jealous. I'd have to like you enough to do that, bambi, and you're just a maid." He said with amusement, chuckling to himself.