30

~Beyla's POV~

I sat in bed after we got home later that night, fresh out of the shower. After being at a party, surrounded by sweaty bodies, I had been in need of an immediate shower when we got home again.

As I was in the middle of reading a book that I had been wanting to get through, I suddenly began to hear the sound of Kira's voice shouting from down the hall. At first I thought that something had happened, but then I realized that she sounded very angry and figured that her and Luke must've just been getting in another argument again. It felt like it had been a while since the last one, but I knew realistically that it couldn't have been more than a couple days since their last fight. They seemed to get in fights over even the smallest things now.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter?! You're the one who insisted on us going to that stupid party and then you just disappeared on me for half of the time we were there!" I heard Kira yell, sounding irritated. I tried to focus on my book, not wanting to listen in on their argument, but they were yelling, so I was having a little bit of trouble with that. After a while, I gave up on trying to read and set my book on the floor instead, sighing. "Where did you even go?! You still haven't told me!" She continued to yell, and it was then that I heard him let out an exaggerated groan of annoyance. "Fuck, Kira, shut up! I didn't go anywhere important, I told you this earlier!" He yelled back at her, the sound of him yelling much scarier than her.

"Don't tell me to shut up, Luke. You obviously went somewhere important if you were gone for forty five fucking minutes!" She shot back loudly, their yelling making me sigh as I put my pillow over my face and groaned into it in annoyance. Couldn't they argue a little more quietly? I mean, it was past twelve AM now and most people were asleep at this time.

"Why does it even matter? You nitpick every single fucking thing I do lately." He said, sounding even more agitated than he did before. "It matters because you made me go with you and then disappeared somewhere, though you won't tell me where still, and left me by myself! And when you were around, you weren't even listening when I'd talk to you! I swear, it's like you don't even care about me anymore..." She began the sentence yelling and was trailing by the end, her voice audibly shaking. It sounded like she was either crying or about to cry.

I lifted my pillow off of my face and sat up in bed, straining my ears to hear them better now that they weren't yelling. Sure, listening was wrong of me, but I couldn't help it. They were arguing about the fact that Luke had disappeared on her halfway through the party, just to make out with me in the bathroom, though that was obviously unbeknownst to her. A wave of guilt rocketed its way through me and I fisted my blanket in my hands, frowning.

"I'm sorry, Kira." I heard him say, sounding just as guilty as I felt right then. After that, their voices lowered and became muffled through the walls, making it impossible for me to hear what they were saying.

Thinking that they were done, I got out of bed and turned off my bedroom lights before I crawled back into bed, slipping under the warm blankets. I cuddled up to my pillow and curled my legs up, making myself into a little ball as I began to try to drift off to sleep. Right as I began to fall asleep, I began to hear something that I was sure I would, unfortunately, never be able to forget. Moaning, coming from down the hall.

It wasn't like I was an idiot. I knew who it was and what they were doing. However, I knew it was stupid of me to feel upset about what they were doing. Of course they were going to have sex. They were boyfriend and girlfriend, so I couldn't really expect them not to. Still, even telling myself that it was expected for them to do things like that with each other didn't make me feel any better. In fact, it just made me feel even worse, somehow. Maybe it was because some part of me felt stupid. Some part of me felt as though he was mine, even though I knew he wasn't.