31

~Beyla's POV~

I searched through the fridge, trying to think of something to make Kira and Mr. Hemmings for dinner. It was beginning to near six PM and though Kira wasn't home yet, I knew she would be soon, so I thought I should probably begin to make dinner so it'd be ready when she got here. That was what I always did, after all.

"Hmm..." I hummed to myself in thought, trying to decide if I wanted to make a dish with chicken or beef. I went to grab the chicken when the fridge doors were suddenly slammed shut, making me jolt in surprise and jerk my hand back with a gasp. One quick glance over my shoulder revealed that it was Mr. Hemmings who had shut the fridge, his blue eyes peering down at me. "Sir, why'd you do that?" I frowned, turning to face him directly. He glanced down at the watch on his wrist and then looked at me again. "I figured I'd stop you before you start to make dinner to tell you that Kira and I aren't going to be eating here tonight. She wants to go to a party, so we'll probably just swing by a restaurant somewhere." He explained.

"Oh, okay." I frowned, blinking up at him in surprise. This all seemed very out of the blue, making me wonder if they had had this planned for days. Why was I only just now hearing about this, and merely hours before they were probably going to leave? "I'll just make enough for myself, then." I said, giving him a smile. Just because they wouldn't be here for dinner didn't mean I still didn't need to eat.

Turning around, I opened the fridge to get the chicken when his hand shot out from behind me, forcing the fridge door shut again. "Actually, I was thinking you could just take it easy tonight. You can order something from whatever restaurant you like, and I'll pay for it to be delivered. That sound good?" He hummed, gently grabbing my wrist to turn me to face him once more. "You know I don't like it when you pay for me, sir. I have money to pay myself." I said, staring up at him with a slight frown.

Mr. Hemmings smiled and surprised me by pushing a strand of my hair back to tuck it behind my ear, not used to him doing anything like that. "And you know I don't care. I'm the boss here, remember? What I say goes, Ms. Verdine." He said. I was pretty sure that I heard a slight tease in his tone, my skin tingling as he trailed his fingers down my cheek and along my jawline. "So if I order the most expensive thing from the most expensive restaurant in town, you'll still pay?" I challenged, forcing myself to tilt my head up out of reach of his fingertips.

Instead of backing down, which is what I had hoped he would do, he just grinned at me easily. "Bambi, I'd buy you the entire menu from the most expensive restaurant in town, if you said that's what you wanted."

My shoulders sagged in defeat as I noticed that utterly serious look on his face, a pout forming on my lips. "Well, it's not." I huffed, earning a snicker from him. "I know that. You're too considerate of other people to ask anyone for something like that." He tsked, reaching out to gently touch the column of my neck. My cheeks warmed and I peered up at him with a frown. "It's not a bad thing to be considerate of others, so don't make it sound like it is, Mr. Hemmings." I scolded, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smiled in amusement. "Oh, yes, ma'am." He teased, trailing the tips of his fingers along my collarbone. I scowled at him and he merely laughed, apparently finding it hilarious how he was able to get under my skin. "Aw, don't be like that. You know I love how considerate you are," He pouted, tingles spreading over my skin as his fingers began to wander into places that they shouldn't.

The tan colored cardigan I had on, tucked loosely into my gray and tan plaid skirt, dipped down enough into my chest that it easily allowed his fingers to reach places they shouldn't have been. He didn't seem to care at all, his touch gliding over my cleavage as he looked at me like he wasn't on the verge of groping me. I gaped at him and quickly stepped back so I was out of reach, making him smile. "Inappropriate, sir." I said meekly, my heart racing faster when he just snorted.

"You know I'm attracted to you by now, Ms. Verdine. You know I have feelings for you. I've heard what it sounds like when you're moaning and felt you right up against me, grinded my cock against you. If you ask me, there was hardly anything ever appropriate between you and I." He hummed smoothly, stepping closer. "And even if there was, you're just as inappropriate as I am." He chuckled, my thighs clenching together as I peered up at him and stubbornly turned my nose up at him. "How's that?" I huffed, narrowing my eyes.

The edges of his lips twitched. "Because you know I check you out," He teased, his gaze wandering down to my exposed breasts. "And yet you choose to wear things like this anyways." He gave a light pull on the neck of my cardigan, showing off more of my chest.

My cheeks became so hot that I felt like I was on fire, heart racing as I quickly smacked his hand off. "It's not like I'm wearing them for you!" I snapped, keeping my eyes on his. He smiled and shook his head. "I know. I'm just saying that if you really wanted to keep things appropriate with us, then you wouldn't pick outfits that you know damn well are gonna make me drool over you every time I see you." He said, surprising me once again when he reached out to gently grab the neck of my cardigan. "Would you?" He hummed.

His hand released my cardigan and he gently played with a strand of my hair for a moment while I stood there quietly, incredibly embarrassed. Even though I knew it, I wouldn't admit that he was right. Every time I got dressed in something low cut, something tight, or something that was short, I knew in the back of my mind that he would look at me and he'd like what he saw. To me, it felt good when he did that. I liked it, as bad as it was. I guess there was always some part of me trying to please him, to appeal to him, and I knew it was because I liked him just as much as he liked me.

Not knowing what to say, I looked away, embarrassed and ashamed that he had caught on. "Like I said," He released the strand of my hair. "I really do love how you're considerate of others, in everything you do." He murmured, making me glance up at him shyly.

"Such a sweet girl, always thinking about everyone else." He said softly, suddenly stepping close to me. I felt his fingers gently grab my chin and then he leaned down, placing a light kiss on my forehead. "So why don't you be considerate of yourself tonight and just let me buy you dinner from wherever you want." He muttered, crushing me to his chest in a hug.

My cheek squished up against his chest and my heart racing, I wrapped my arms around him and nodded weakly.