Make My Hair Pretty Again!

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

It had been a week since my birthday, and in that time, life had only become more boring.

Well apart from that weird message I received the other day, from someone with quite an adorable instagram handle. Whoever they were, they had been rather odd, but apart from Evelyn, I really had no other friends, due to how dangerous it was to be affiliated with my family.

Grayson had been lucky to find friends throughout the mafia, and Charlie's friends had both left when he was a teenager, one disappearing quite literally without a note. Last I heard, her ma had taken her back to Ireland, where she hailed from originally.

Charlie had been heartbroken for weeks.

With all of my school work being sent home per my dad's request, I found myself with more spare time on my hands, and if there was one weakness my siblings and I had, it was boredom. We could create quite the disaster without things to do, and it seemed Grayson would be at Hazel and I's mercy today.

He had allowed us to straighten his hair, and stupidly had agreed to Hazel using hair chalk on his dark brown locks. He'd been relaxing with music in his ears the entire time, telling us how it felt more like a massage than a hair treatment. Hazel had nearly stuffed her fist in her mouth just to shut her giggling up, as she placed the last touches to Grayson's hair, already beginning to back away towards the door. 

"Hazel Clove Heart, you get your stinking ass back here right now!" I hissed, as slowly, Grayson opened his eyes, facing the large mirror Hazel had set up in her room. Gray's face went from shock to horror to an emotion that was mixed between amusement and anger. The newly minted pink tips in his hair made him looked extra weird.

Perhaps Hazel had been right to back away.

"Oh," he said with a laugh, standing up slowly. "You're both going to get it now!" 

He broke out into a run and Hazel shrieked ahead of me, smartly ducking into Nathan's room before shutting the door behind her. No more doors down the hallway seemed to be opened, and I groaned, half-running and half-skidding down the wooden staircase, headed straight for the backyard.

"ANASTASIA ROSA CUORE!" Grayson screeched, thumping down the staircase. "YOU COME BACK HERE NOW AND MAKE MY HAIR PRETTY AGAIN!"

"WHY ARE YOU CHASING ME WEIRDO?! HAZEL DID IT, NOT ME!" I reasoned, dashing through the grass. I passed my old treehouse and Mum's little craft shed, and took a right towards the pool, hoping it wouldn't come down to that.

"You're an accomplice, that's why!" Grayson argued, making a 'duh' face. "And I have a meeting tonight with my strike team, I can't go looking like this!"

He had slowed to a walk and inched closer and closer, as I stepped closer towards the pool, glad to at least be wearing athletic wear that wouldn't drag me down if I had to jump. I spotted Nathan and Jacob's windows open, and glared at my two brothers who were watching Grayson and I with food in their hands.

"Nice hair Gray!" Jacob hollered, putting his thumbs up for added dramatics. Grayson flipped him off, and begun to walk quicker, just as I felt the edge of the pool under my bare foot.

"Shit," I cursed, as I fell back into the pool, dragging my heel on the sharp edge. The second my back hit the pool, I brought my foot up to my hands, already feeling the blood pour out of the heel. Grayson's eyes widened, but I knew it wasn't just from the fact my heel was now cracked open.

Charlie had decided to come home early, and was now shooting daggers at him.

"You're supposed to be looking after them, not injuring them," he said in a quiet tone, before he jumped into the pool with ease, scooping me into his arms. Tears had sprung to my face from the shock of my foot, and carefully, he wiped them away, before carrying me to the edge of the pool, where Hazel now sat, already armed with a small medical kit.

Charlie got out of the pool quicker than a flash of lightening, and began walking towards Grayson with an angry purpose, only causing Gray to step backwards.

Where he knocked over Hazel.

Who effectively hit her head on the edge of the pool.

"Christ be with me!" she swore, holding her hands up to her eyebrow, which was very clearly split open. Grayson dropped to his knees, immediately trying to assess the damage, whilst Charlie bent down to my level, picking up my foot gently.

"Ow you fucker, that hurts," I groaned, and Charlie raised an eyebrow at my vulgar language before continuing to check out my foot. 

"Definitely need a trip to the hospital," he murmured, looking over to Grayson. "Two admissions to the hospital," he said, scrunching up his nose as Grayson held gauze to Hazel's head, trying to stop the bleeding. He reached for his phone, dialling mother's number, and silently waited for her to answer.

To say she was mad was an understatement.

She was fuming. 

Most of her words were directed at Grayson, along with the promise that even though he was an adult, she could still confiscate his car keys. Even Charlie got his ear clipped a bit, but that was more just because our mamma was quite angry and now stressed that two of us had to go to hospital.

And she knew I would be in a bad mood the entire time.

"Right, Jake, Nate, you two are staying here, and I'll call a few of the boys to keep watch whilst we're out!" Charlie instructed, earning thumbs up from my two brothers still up in their bedrooms. I tried standing up, but the pain in my heel was almost nauseating, so Charlie picked me up as if I weighed nothing, his clothes still soaking from the pool.

He set me down on the couch, hurriedly wrapping my foot up to stop the bleeding, before dashing upstairs to grab a change of clothes, whilst Grayson helped me dry off with a towel. It was odd to see Charlie rush so much, considering he was usually so calm, but I could guess that he had a lot running through his mind at the moment, and two of his siblings injured just added more problems. 

But, as quick as he had run upstairs, he was downstairs, once again picking me up. He told Grayson to drive, whilst he would sit back with me and Hazel to ensure our injuries did not worsen, and for once, Grayson did not object, driving wildly towards the hospital, which was about fifteen minutes away. 

We were met by both of my parents, and I hoped that there was a god out there somewhere to save Grayson's ass.

He would surely need it after being scolded by our parents.